What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

99-Year Old Woman Has Had Her Life Changed By the iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
virginia-campbell-ipad.jpg

Fantastic story today on Cnet’s The Digital Home blog, about Virginia Campbell, a 99-year-old woman from Lake Oswego in Oregon, whose new iPad has “changed her lifeâ€, in the words of her daughter. According to the Digital Home story, which first appeared in The Oregonian, Virginia has glaucoma, which makes it very difficult for her to read or write. When she heard about the iPad, she thought that it might be the solution to her problems, and so her daughter and son-in-law waited in line to get one on launch day. Since then, due to the ability to enlarge the iPad’s print and the brightness of the screen, Campbell has been able to read two books and also to write lots of poetry, including this tribute to the Apple device.

“To this technology-ninny it’s clear In my compromised 100th year, That to read and to write Are again within sight Of this Apple iPad pioneer.â€​

Check out the video after the jump!

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: CNet.com]

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndkIP7ec3O8]YouTube - Virginia's new iPad[/ame]

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Father just bought his first computer (an HP Laptop). It's been very frustrating for both of us. This video might convince him to give the iPad a try. He's concerned about the size of the iPad screen. I just wish mine would get here so can give him a hands on experience too.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If she can grasp the use of the iPad within a brief encounter and minimal explanation...then what more do you need for a model of perfect "end-user" satisfaction.

The iPad speaks the language of neophytes to genius'.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well one of the best parts of the user experience is how obvious it is. Anyone can sit down and figure it out really easily...even a cat, and a baby. The UI is pretty spot on.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
This is really what it's all about, technology helping to improve people of all ages!! Great stuff

Exactly. While the techo/geeks hate on it, the people are using it. It can't run the Linux destro of the week, but it can do what the majority of consumers need in a home computing device.

Very cool video....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really what it's all about, technology helping to improve people of all ages!! Great stuff

Exactly. While the techo/geeks hate on it, the people are using it. It can't run the Linux destro of the week, but it can do what the majority of consumers need in a home computing device.

Very cool video....

I think it's hilarious that people are bashing it for being user friendly. I am a tech geek. I work on a computer all day every day and have to come up with some pretty complex solutions to VFX problems. I have built computers, maintained networks and raids, I have used all flavors of Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, and have even worked on SGI Irix back in the 90s....and I personally think the iPad OS is the future of computing! I don't have to think about it, I don't have to fix it...I just use it and it works! That is what I LOVE about Mac as well. I have a really high end Mac Pro, and my pro apps that I use just work! I install them and run them....THAT'S IT! I love it!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
I think it's hilarious that people are bashing it for being user friendly. I am a tech geek. I work on a computer all day every day and have to come up with some pretty complex solutions to VFX problems. I have built computers, maintained networks and raids, I have used all flavors of Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, and have even worked on SGI Irix back in the 90s....and I personally think the iPad OS is the future of computing! I don't have to think about it, I don't have to fix it...I just use it and it works! That is what I LOVE about Mac as well. I have a really high end Mac Pro, and my pro apps that I use just work! I install them and run them....THAT'S IT! I love it!

Well said I totally agree with what you said the whole product line just works. OSX is bullet proof no virus issues no crashes Ipds ate fun most people non users fifer out hour to use them very quickly and the ipad which does nit require any traing to use. Cool products.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:

Well said I totally agree with what you said the whole product line just works. OSX is bullet proof no virus issues no crashes Ipds ate fun most people non users fifer out hour to use them very quickly and the ipad which does nit require any traing to use. Cool products.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree "Well Said" I'm a Tech Geek as well and am always trying to explain just how much this device is the future, Hey, those nay saying ludites will get it in the end when it's too late to scoff about it.

lol, is "fifer" meaning to figure out Australian style?

rorschach23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
truly inspirational. it's this exact sort of thing that makes it all worth while. this is what its all about. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts