What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

64 GB vs 32GB

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As more developers upgrade apps to take advantage of retina screens and such, apps will get bigger. So 64 would mean more flexibility to store apps, as well as other types of content. That depends on how much you want to store, of course.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I take photos on my iPhone and view them on my tablets. I have lots of apps too, lots of magazine issues...and I don't keep but one or two albums on my iPad. IMO, there is just so much more you can do with more storage.

But, truth be told, it really depends on the user. Some get by find with just 16 GB. Some don't like having lots of stuff. Some just want to do email and surf.

So, in the end, you really have to know yourself. If you ask me, I'm gonna say get the bigger one if you can afford it, but if you know you aren't going to be into using all that storage (which isn't all that much anymore) then it would be a waste of your funds.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so if i store photo's in the cloud, then i don't need storage on my ipad...... true?

Yes, that could be made to work. It's not the way I work...I use my cloud for work-related files and PDFs of various sorts. But I see no reason why one could not store and view photos this way.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To what advantage would it be to have a 64GB over the 32GB?

You will have more power to control the Empire and crush those Rebel scum vs the 32.

That or as the Col. said just double the storage.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally couldn't justify the cost hike for the 64gb model so I went with the 32 instead. Totally pleased with my decision. I've never had a storage issue and don't foresee one in the future. I'm not the type to have a bunch of movies or even songs stored so my test case might be friendlier to the 32. However, I don't skimp on apps and do have quite a few office docs stored on there created in QuickOffice pro.

$100 bucks just seems like a lot for that upgrade, IMO.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iPad is an expensive way to store media content. $100 for 16 lousy Gigs? If money isn't a problem, get 64. If it is get 16. If you're in any way neurotic, like me, get 32 - the size Apple especially developed for memory neurotics

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally couldn't justify the cost hike for the 64gb model so I went with the 32 instead. Totally pleased with my decision. I've never had a storage issue and don't foresee one in the future. I'm not the type to have a bunch of movies or even songs stored so my test case might be friendlier to the 32. However, I don't skimp on apps and do have quite a few office docs stored on there created in QuickOffice pro.

$100 bucks just seems like a lot for that upgrade, IMO.

I don't store music or movies on my iPads.....and I'm still challenged for space. I take a lot of photos and have a lot of apps and PDFs for work on mine. I've even started taking stuff off. :)

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't store music of movies on my iPads.....and I'm still challenged for space. I take a lot of photos and have a lot of apps and PDFs for work on mine. I've even start taking stuff off. :)

I just had to wipe all the movies off my iPad 2 because I'd maxed out my 64 GBs storage and couldn't even update apps, lol. Good thing my iPad 4 64GB has arrived, lol. I'm splitting content.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just had to wipe all the movies off my iPad 2 because I'd maxed out my 64 GBs storage and couldn't even update apps, lol. Good thing my iPad 4 64GB has arrived, lol. I'm splitting content.

So you got it all charged up? Let us know if you can see the difference in a 1080p move and a 720p one. Well, assuming you can even get 1080p movies without ripping them yourself. I don't know if iTunes has them or not, as I've never bought a movie from them.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you got it all charged up? Let us know if you can see the difference in a 1080p move and a 720p one. Well, assuming you can even get 1080p movies without ripping them yourself. I don't know if iTunes has them or not, as I've never bought a movie from them.

Yes, charged and backed up all apps from one iPad profile to the other, but nothing else on iPad 4 yet.

Won't be ripping movies for awhile; I've become quite lazy about that. I stream all the time now, even when away from home and on 3G. I keep expecting AT&T to throttle my data, but they haven't yet.

I've also been streaming like crazy from Kindle Fire HD on wifi. I love the bloody thing. It's got a nice screen and the sound is great for a tablet. I'm testing battery life and if it lives up to near the 11 hours as advertised, I'm going to buy another. I'm double teaming an iPad with Fire on my Levo stand -- surfing on iPad and streaming video on Fire. Fire HD is perfect for that for me. Its speakers are so loud that I don't have to bother with my Jambox speakers, which saves me the bother of charging more devices. It annoys me if I'm watching something and I get a low-battery warning.

I don't get movies from iTunes. I buy or rent content elsewhere.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've also been streaming like crazy from Kindle Fire HD on wifi. I love the bloody thing. It's got a nice screen and the sound is great for a tablet. I'm testing battery life and if it lives up to near the 11 hours as advertised, I'm going to buy another. I'm double teaming an iPad with Fire on my Levo stand -- surfing on iPad and streaming video on Fire. Fire HD is perfect for that for me. Its speakers are so loud that I don't have to bother with my Jambox speakers, which saves me the bother of charging more devices. It annoys me if I'm watching something and I get a low-battery warning.

I see a KF HD in my future. For the price it is hard to ignore. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts