What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

403Forbidden(sorry)

13Tiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to this form and reasonably new to the world of iPads. I bought my first (iPad Air) at Christmas and love it. I'm just back from overseas and have tried to log onto a site I visit regularly (Corrie.Net) and I am receiving the above message 403 Forbidden.
I did not access this site while away. In order to rectify the issue I have tried to log onto the site manually typing in the URL, I cleared the History and Cookies in Safari and Rebooted the iPad plus searched Google for anything else I could do.
I am at a loss.

Can anyone help? Much appreciated in advance.
Sx

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It could be that their site is down. Short of getting out of bed and going to the computer I tried to get to the Corrie.net on iPad and iPhone. I receive the same message 403 on both devices. I even tried going in via google. There may be something about the site access via their twitter account.
I even checked the Coronation Street Updates postings on the blogspot site. There is a lot of information about this show on there. I had to view the web page version. They also mention subscribing on the corrie-dot-net site, but the link also throws a 403 error. Perhaps if you google coronation street blog and go to the one that has postings on blogspot you can get the updates of the show and can find a link to report that the corrie-dot-net site is down.
Greg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It looks like a problem with the site. I get the same error.

The error suggests that there should be some additional authentication information contained in the URL, or perhaps a cookie. Is it possible you originally accesed the site through another site that provided the authntication?

Last edited:
OP
13Tiger

13Tiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies.

Twerppoet, I access the site via an icon / bookmark that I set up months ago and had always been able to access the site that way until today when I tried all the above???

Greg, thanks for trying and at least reassuring me I wasn't going crazy ;). Sx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

It's most likely and issue with the site then. Keep trying it over a few days and hopefully it will come back.

Most reactions