What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 and battery life?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I upgraded to 4.3.1, I did find that battery was running down faster than usual - my normal usage is about 85-90% over 2 days from a full charge; post-upgrade it was 60% in one day.)

I looked in Settings, turned off Push and Ping, and battery use is now back to 'normal'.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings > General > Restrictions > Allow: Ping [ON | OFF]

Generally speaking, after the 4.3.1 upgrade, these settings went back to default, so I had to manually turn them off. I didn't realize it also removed the "manual sync" option in iTunes, so it basically removed all my music, videos, photos, eBooks, etc when I sync'ed it after the upgrade - so had to painstaking restore all those files.

david7z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a solution for the battery drain problem: restore to the factory setting.
To my surprise, the version of IOS after rolling back is till 4.3.1. So I reinstall the apps and the battery time becomes normal, about 1% lower after 8 hours in sleep mode. :)

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the 4.3.1 ios update on my ipad 1, i have noticed that the battery drains a lot quicker. Wish the next upgrade fixes this problem

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.1

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday i went to apple shop on regent street and told them about this battery drain problem on my ipad. They said that i should do a backup and full restore on itunes and see if it improves things. If the problem still persists thenmi should make an appointment to have the ipad checked at the store. I will wait till the newmios to see if the problem is gone. Thenstaff at apple store said they did not hear any battery drain problem with the new ios but they would say that

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Yesterday i went to apple shop on regent street and told them about this battery drain problem on my ipad. They said that i should do a backup and full restore on itunes and see if it improves things. If the problem still persists then i should make an appointment to have the ipad checked at the store. I will wait till the new ios to see if the problem is gone. Thenstaff at apple store said they did not hear any battery drain problem with the new ios but they would say that

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange, my iPad has amazing life. I'm at 29% after three days use, and I mean use. I flip between this and my android tab, this will go twelve hours of no use with not one percent drop while sleeping.

I'm on 4.3.1 and jail broken if that matters, no battery tweaks (are there any?).

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When everyone says days of use what do you mean? 3-4 days of use could mean just a few hours in all so it helps to give an idea of exactly days mean,

Reaction score
In average my Ipad gets between 8-10 hours of usage. If I use I it 10 hours in 1 day I get 1 day, if like this week I'm using a couple hours a day I get 4+ days

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
When everyone says days of use what do you mean? 3-4 days of use could mean just a few hours in all so it helps to give an idea of exactly days mean,

I get close to 14 hours of light use or 11hours of heavier use. Games and streaming video kill it a lot faster than email, surfing, and pandora (screen off). I've used ten percent today. That was 30minutes of stupid zombies while on a call, and a total of about 90minutes between some surfing, the ipf app, and emails.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish my iphone did on 4.3.1 lol it is way worse, I dont see any difference on ipad I still get at least 7-8 hours of heavy use.

Most reactions