What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 Untether iBooks Warning

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any early adopters of the 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak (for iPad1) should be aware that iBook DRM is broken again in this version. This means you will not be able to read your legally purchased books if you apply this jailbreak until a fix is developed and released.
Apple have vastly improved their jailbreak checking for FairPlay DRM over the 4.2.1 & 4.3.1 methods which could be easily circumvented.

Stay tuned to the forums if this is an issue for you...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My esteemed colleague will have to confirm this, but I think the only issue is with viewing items purchased through the iBooks store. AFIK, it does not affect your ability to read non-DRM material in iBooks and none of the other reading apps are affected.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Purchased items only. iBooks only. No update yet. I'll post when I see anything.

slimshotty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can easily install 'iBooks DRM Fix' or 'iBooks Fix' in Cydia which will resolve this issue. My paid iBooks are working fine on JB 4.3.2.

-Slimshotty

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can easily install 'iBooks DRM Fix' or 'iBooks Fix' in Cydia which will resolve this issue. My paid iBooks are working fine on JB 4.3.2.

-Slimshotty

Thanks for the heads up. But, the tools you mentioned are the honeypot fixes for 4.2.x IOS and were reported not to solve the problem on 4.3.x.
However, on investigation it looks as through users on twitter are reporting that the iBooks 1.2.2 release by Apple a couple of days ago actually solved the problem. Nobody is any the wiser as to why this happened. There has been no official JB untether 4.3.2 fix issued by the dev-team. Comex has not commented on the matter since he announced it was broken. It seems as though Apple chose to reverse out the JB checks.
I'm not an iBooks user and don't own any paid material (use Kindle), other than Winnie The Pooh. I can confirm that this opens on my JB iPad on 4.3.2. iBooks 1.2.2 when it did not on the previous iBooks version, but that's as scientific as my tests can get.

Looks as though you iBookers can proceed to 4.3.2 if you want now.

Most reactions

Latest posts