What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 When?

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Can't wait!

I can, and I plan to. With millions of iPads out there, the servers will swamped the first week or two. I'd also like to watch it simmer a bit among the early adopters and get an idea of it's real-word advantages.

I think that the biggest gain here is Multitasking, the ability to search webpages, unified inbox, and that's about it. AirPrint is great, but when was the last time you actually printed something? AirPlay is awesome but we don't know if video streaming will make it this Friday, let alone needing an APTV to take advantage of it.

I've been playing with iOS4.2 since beta and can honestly say that multitasking (or really, advanced app switching :D) is worth it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait!

I can, and I plan to. With millions of iPads out there, the servers will swamped the first week or two. I'd also like to watch it simmer a bit among the early adopters and get an idea of it's real-word advantages.

I think that the biggest gain here is Multitasking, the ability to search webpages, unified inbox, and that's about it. AirPrint is great, but when was the last time you actually printed something? AirPlay is awesome but we don't know if video streaming will make it this Friday, let alone needing an APTV to take advantage of it.

I've been playing with iOS4.2 since beta and can honestly say that multitasking (or really, advanced app switching :D) is worth it.

I constantly need to print from my iPad....so I even bought an airprint capable printer in preparation! I also plan on getting the iHome airplay unit when it comes out to be able to listen to music with airplay in other rooms. You also forgot to mention folders....which is GREAT! I went from 10 pages of apps to 1!

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com

I constantly need to print from my iPad....so I even bought an airprint capable printer in preparation! I also plan on getting the iHome airplay unit when it comes out to be able to listen to music with airplay in other rooms. You also forgot to mention folders....which is GREAT! I went from 10 pages of apps to 1!

How could I forget folders? I guess I'm so used to them on the iPhone that I took them for granted on the iPad. You are right it is one of those essential updates. ;) I think we can all agree on the OCD part...

Most reactions