What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g connection

ucajun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wi/3g. I have not turned on the 3g yet nor have I bought the 3g data plan from at&t yet. My question: I use wifi only but some places that I will travel to on occasions I will need the a 3g data plan. Can I buy a 3g data plan say for a month then drop it and if so how would I go about dropping the plan? I know I can turn off the 3g on my ipad but how would I stop the billing? I don't want to have to call at&t. I try not to call at&t if I can help it. Thanks for any information!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wi/3g. I have not turned on the 3g yet nor have I bought the 3g data plan from at&t yet. My question: I use wifi only but some places that I will travel to on occasions I will need the a 3g data plan. Can I buy a 3g data plan say for a month then drop it and if so how would I go about dropping the plan? I know I can turn off the 3g on my ipad but how would I stop the billing? I don't want to have to call at&t. I try not to call at&t if I can help it. Thanks for any information!!!

You can read about the AT&T plans here

Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G - AT&T iPad Plans - Wireless from AT&T

Tim
Scotland

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just contact AT&T or verizon they'll cancel it fir you. I dint have wifi at dork so I have to keep the 3G plan

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a google search for you and found out that once you activate the plan, you can cancel without penalty at any time. But you will have to call AT&T I'm sure. Unless they built that into their account services app.

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The plan runs per month so you can suspend it or cancel it after that date with no problem.
If you suspend for less than 60 days, you can turn on any time with same info.
After 60 days you have to re sign up, as a new client.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You go to Settings >> Cellular Data and choose View Account to start a data plan.

You can go to the same place to stop or change plans at any time. When you stop a plan, it will remain active until your current plan runs out (might be different with the new post pay option). If you change plans (say from a 250MB to the 2GB) the new plan takes effect immediately with the new data limit in effect. All plans auto-renew. You must stop them before the end of the current plan to avoid paying for the next month.

For more information:
Apple - Support - iPad - 3G

Most reactions