What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does IPAD 2 deal with 3G and Wifi connection

mamurao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, thanks guys for this awesome IPAD forums we have here very informative and i'm impressed, more power. It made my life easier to be an IPAD user.

Anyways I have a 16Gb 3G IPAD2 and have data plan.

My question is how does the IPAD2 decide on which one to use if both 3G and Wifi network is available? in the Android specifically the Samsung Galaxy S tablet it switch off the 3G once a allowed WiFI connection is connected.

if you can advice

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. Like many Android devices, the iPad will use a wifi signal if it's available (and obviously you have wifi turned on.) Otherwise, it will try to find a 3G signal.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Worth noting that the iPad (and iPhone) will always prefer a wifi connection over 3G even if the wifi router is not connected to the internet. This can lead to some head scratching if you connect to a hotspot that, for whatever reason, does not have an active connection to the outside world...

Most reactions

Latest posts