What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G Connection gone!! Only Edge!

sowul22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I was having some screen problems a month ago and restored my iPad. Problem solved, but since then, I have not been able to connect to 3G. It only goes to Edge. I thought with yesterday's update things would fix themselves, but no luck. I've tried toggling "cellular data" on/off and also going back a forth between Airplane mode. I am certain I'm in a 3G area.

Any suggestions?? Thanks! :ipad-keyboard:

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue for me. I am using 4.2.1 and didn't associate the problem with that until I read other posts about it. I didn't have 3G coverage until today so as far as I knew, it had always been this way! However two other iPads in the house which have not been upgraded have 3G, and mine is the only one that doesn't.

chrisjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue for me. I am using 4.2.1 and didn't associate the problem with that until I read other posts about it. I didn't have 3G coverage until today so as far as I knew, it had always been this way! However two other iPads in the house which have not been upgraded have 3G, and mine is the only one that doesn't.

Same for me here, upgraded in 4.2.1 and no more 3G juste Edge & GPRS altough my iphone 4 just beside it has 3G full.
Don't get it....
Have you in your Settings\Cellular date the option to enable 3G or not ? Because on the iphone i have it, on the ipad i don't have it...altough iphone is in version 4.01

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, the option is not there on iPad to choose 3G. I have tried everything I can think of, still no 3G on my iPad while two others and three iPhones in the house all have 3G.

chrisjones99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution to no 3G

Just restore your iPad as a new one and it comes back. Make sure you backup everything before. That worked for me!

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restoring worked to get it back, BUT not using my backup. When I put my backup on, 3G was gone again. Had to restore again and set up as new to keep 3G. What a pain! But at least it works now.

Most reactions