What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G Battery Life

msskarina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I know I have been "overusing" my iPad 3G after fedex delivering it yesterday. It did only get about 5 good hours of charge last night, but when I woke up today it was 100% charged. Been playing games for about 4 hours today. Battery is at 38%, does this seem normal? How is everyone else faring with their battery life?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess a few more details would be helpful, like screen brightness level, wifi on/off, 3G on/off, Bluetooth on/off?...stuff like that.

OP
M

msskarina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just the standard brightness, have not adjusted it. No Bluetooth, running wifi only, have not even signed up for 3G service yet. Thanks.

Droid Washington

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure that the cellular really is turned off for one. Even if you have not signed up for service, 3G is on by default.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What games have you been playing? One guy tested nothing but 3D games and the Wi-Fi only lasted about 6 hours with the screen at max brightness.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with battery life. I use the 3G network nearly all my connect time and I can confidently say that the iPad will last me an entire day of use. I've found that it charges quickly, too.

Most reactions