What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Impressions after a week

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very Impressed, It does what I thought it would and more, much more!

Very happy.

It is just the right size, sometimes I forget what I device I am on and think a web page is to small. Tell myself just reach up and resize it.

I like the keyboard, not for writing war and peace but for emails etc...

I would like some type of arrow key to move the cursor on typing though, trying to get your fat finger to go between two letters is hard.

Battery life is just great.

IBooks is great.

Taking it on a trip next week and should work just great on the plane.

The amazing thing is, this is version 1.0.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Very happy.

It is just the right size, sometimes I forget what I device I am on and think a web page is to small. Tell myself just reach up and resize it.

I would like some type of arrow key to move the cursor on typing though, trying to get your fat finger to go between two letters is hard.

IBooks is great.

Just like the iPhone, if you tap and hold on text you will get a little magnifying glass and if you then move your finger you can more accurately get it to the space you want. It works really well!

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Very happy.

IBooks is great.

I would really recommend the keyboard dock. I got mine Thursday of this week, and the points you brought up are all addressed with the keyboard.

I enjoy using it, even though I also really enjoy typing on the inboard keypad.

Gregpadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same with my pickle fingers

Yeah that would be nice to move back to correct w/o erasing along the way.

I agree that it was indeed more, in my case, much more than I expected, as I pre-ordered pretty much on hype alone, AM I GLAD I DID!

Happy camper here,
:)

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A iPad is like a wallet you want leave home without it picked my iPad up on April 3rd and goes where I go walmart truckstops etc etc..... ghuda I'm gonna take your advice on the keyboard dock

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Very happy.

IBooks is great.

How do I get the books to do two pages in landscape?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
+1 for the arrow keys

+100 for the iPad. I was really not all that interested in it. Wife wanted one, and after I played with it a bit, I had to have one. Afte a week I am more impressed than I was the first day. I find it much more useful than I thought it would be. I like the keyboard except for the lack of arrow keys (the magnifier is awkward to use for simply moving back a space or up a line) and for some reason I hit the "n" key sometimes instead of the spacebar. I hope I am able to change that habit over time.....

Anyway, I am very pleased with the purchase, and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

ryan8813

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overall I'm happy... Feeling the same as I did when I first got an iPhone... can't stop looking at the screen. One thing- you're mentioning the keyboard... I keep hitting the shift key when I want to delete! Guess this is training from using iPhone...

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for the arrow keys

+100 for the iPad. I was really not all that interested in it. Wife wanted one, and after I played with it a bit, I had to have one. Afte a week I am more impressed than I was the first day. I find it much more useful than I thought it would be. I like the keyboard except for the lack of arrow keys (the magnifier is awkward to use for simply moving back a space or up a line) and for some reason I hit the "n" key sometimes instead of the spacebar. I hope I am able to change that habit over time.....

Anyway, I am very pleased with the purchase, and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Haha I do that ALL the time as well...hitting the "n" key when I type instead of the spacebar.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A iPad is like a wallet you want leave home without it picked my iPad up on April 3rd and goes where I go walmart truckstops etc etc..... ghuda I'm gonna take your advice on the keyboard dock
Great, I really think you will be happy with it. I actually first thought about the wireless one, but the fact that the dock one has keys specially integrated for use with the iPad was the pivotal point, and now that i have it I think it was definitely the right choice.

Most reactions

Latest posts