What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent from my iPad

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to order dock. for some reason I thought it came with it. I won't be on forum too much unless I have a problem. :D

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1st Impressions

My first impressions after using it since 11:45am EST.

1. Gets fingerprinted way more than my 3GS iPhone, thought it was supposed to have the same protective surface as the iPhone3GS, but seems more like the 3G with needing to wipe it always.

2. The battery was at 97% when I first opened and synced with iTunes, now its down to 55% after all day use with bluetooth and WiFi and watching lots of video.

3. Was surprised just how much the original iPhone apps that need to expand 2X to view full screen, just how much they get pixelated. Definitely buying every iPad version I can to replace the old ones.

4. Love Love Love the iBookstore.. Nuff said.. well other than that every time you saw someone turning a page when reviewing it, they always turned only the bottom right corner of a page. The correct way is in a real book to turn the top right corner over... the iPad animates it whether you turn with the top or bottom or even middle of the page... only difference, no wrinkled pages, lol.

5. Desperately awaiting the free upgrade channel from Jaadu for the iTeleport, so I don't have to pay an additional $25 for the iPad version of iTeleport (Jaadu VNC) and the Jaadu RDP apps. (Hurry up! I am waiting to try the HD version on the iPad) The iPhone version works, but forget reading anything on the remote desktop, without drastically zooming in.

6. Certainly feels heavier in the hands than what you would expect, but not too heavy, that while reading or holding with one hand and typing with the other, that you couldn't manipulate the iPad without feeling awkward.

7. Which brings me to the keyboard, nice typing and fast response without having to wait for pages or tabing in between input boxes or panels.

8. Love the new layout for the e-mail app as well as all the other native re-written apps orig on iPhone.

9. Need to install a calculator, already missing it.

10. ABC app is awesome, just need all the other HTML 5 player apps installed as well.

11. Cool way that you can set both a lock screen background as well as springboard background (where the apps are).

12. YouTube works streaming better faster than even on my iPhone 3GS, no hesitating streams or getting stuck and not finishing.

13. Bluetooth Aluminum 1st( 3 aa batt.) and 2nd generation (2 aa batt) keyboards pair directly with the iPad quick n easy, nice for typing larger documents.

14. Would not pair with an external Bluetooth GPS receiver. (GlobalSat BT-359)

15. It's nice to have the extra real-estate especially in landscape mode, however Dev's need to make better use of this space and not just always a side panel with practically the same size for the main field as before, who cares if I have to use another screen or menu, use that space for better things, use your imagination.

16. When in the Photos app, awesome manipulation and grouping schema, however, Let us twist the picture if its upside down or horizontal and allow it to be saved that way. Right now you twist the photo but it pops right back to the opened position. I know its just for viewing, but most basic apps have small editing tools.

17. The iPad will most definitely run the parts of a business that I predicted it would, which is awesome and no problem running many typical day to day routines with the right apps installed and the use of cloud computing. Now to get to work on the presentation for this business by Tuesday to show them their business running on this new innovative device. (After I get it all tweaked using all the right apps, I will post another thread on this aspect of the iPad either running or at least contributing to the full operation of a small business.)

18. The Screen is gorgeous and I am very used to looking at Macs all day, working in an Apple certified service center and the iPad is one of the more beautiful screens Iv'e seen, even with the 27" iMac's. (To me it's always been, who cares if your screen is 50" when you sit across the room, with the iPad, its a large screen in the palm of your hands and isn't too small nor too large, it's just right.

19. In case people hadn't noticed, the volume control is also the "Mute" button, holding down the volume longer than tapping it will mute after half a second instead of stepping it down in increments. Pushing up again steps it up in volume again, nice software change on Apples part for the screen rotation lock taking place of the mute switch.

20. Please Apple make the iTunes store more streamlined when looking at apps, they need to be marked as iPhone/iPod , iPhone/iPod/iPad or just iPad.
Some apps when searching if you paid for them on the iPhone, they are free upgrades for the iPad version, however many new ones are not and it's confusing whether you will be charged again for the iPad version. I never liked the app stores way of announcing only AFTER you clicked on buy, "you already own this app, click here to download it again free". Why not tell us before hand, before we click BUY only to find out we just bought the same app again only it wasn't free it was another full price app for the iPad version. Which I can not argue that some apps are worth a new full price iPad version, but most of them sadly should just be free upgrades if all they do is run them through Apple's optimization software to make them iPad compatible.

All things said, I am impressed and these are just quick first look things, also after using all generations of iPhone and iPods, there was many things I just came to expect to see on the iPad, but there are also plenty of nice surprises as well once you start using it.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad review

My first impressions after using it since 11:45am EST.

17. The iPad will most definitely run the parts of a business that I predicted it would, which is awesome and no problem running many typical day to day routines with the right apps installed and the use of cloud computing. Now to get to work on the presentation for this business by Tuesday to show them their business running on this new innovative device. (After I get it all tweaked using all the right apps, I will post another thread on this aspect of the iPad either running or at least contributing to the full operation of a small business.)

All things said, I am impressed and these are just quick first look things, also after using all generations of iPhone and iPods, there was many things I just came to expect to see on the iPad, but there are also plenty of nice surprises as well once you start using it.

Abble so far you made the best and clear review i read about the iPad , i can't wait for read you next review

Most reactions

Latest posts