What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 iPad2's - Security(?)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
City said:
If you give the child a password to the iPad2, he/she could possibly share it with someone, allowing the word to spread. In Settings, there is an option where you can hook up the iPad to the iTunes computer, so then you can track where it is from your computer, instead of having to download an app. Although, it'd be smart to download the app, for an alternate resource.

What You are describing is in fact the find my iPhone app.You download it to every iDevice you own and also to your authorized computer.You can't track the location of your iPad from your computer without the find my iPhone app.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Find my Phone app is what you use to see where the devices in your iCloud account are located, however the app itself has nothing to do with whether the device can be tracked. You turn that on in Settings.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Of course that only happened with iOS 5. Prior to that you did have to download the app to your device in order to enable the service. Thus the continuing confusion.

Or I'm wrong. That's possible too.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Though it was confusing prior to iOS 5, the app was never needed to enable tracking. It's always been in Settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts