What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 security

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmeier337

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I work for a school district and we are looking to add security to our ipads for the next school year. Currently, we have only teachers using the ipad2s we have. We need to make them more secure for when the students start using them next school year.

We have looked into using lightspeed mobile filter app, but giving up the ability to install apps is not something my department is prepared to do. Keep in mind that we have a lightspeed server already on our network.

Is there any way besides the 4 digit restriction code that can be done to secure these ipad 2s so the kids can't look up things we don't want them to?

Thanks for any responses/comments/questions

jmeier337

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the students be taking the iPads home with them? I would think the easiest way is what you mentioned by using the content settings feature. That way you can restrict what they browse in Safari and the apps they can download. This way they cannot download other browsers that will bypass the Safari restrictions.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Under General in settings, there is an option- Restrictions - where you can do just that, safeguarded wth a passcode of your choosing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is almost 5 years old and deals with iOS 5 on the iPad 2. Things have changed since then and the OP has not been back in over 4 years. With that, this thread is now closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions