What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14 tips to save your battery

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
14 tips to save your battery

Click on the link below:

14 tips to save your battery | TodaysiPhone.com

One additional thing not mentioned to save battery usage is uncheck all but one box in "Spotlight Search", found in Settings/General.

I leave "Applications" checked, and nothing else. Recommended if you seldom use your spotlight (the screen you see when swiping your home screen to the right).

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with one of the suggestions. It is not a good idea to discharge your battery once a week. It probably won't hurt it, but it definitely won't help it. It's a lithium battery, it does not require conditioning.

I might be inclined to say once every few months. Even though it's probably not necessary.

And what about simply turning it off when not in use?

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with one of the suggestions. It is not a good idea to discharge your battery once a week. It probably won't hurt it, but it definitely won't help it. It's a lithium battery, it does not require conditioning.

I might be inclined to say once every few months. Even though it's probably not necessary.

And what about simply turning it off when not in use?

Soooo.. true. Discharging it once a month is recommended to keep the battery charge indicator calibrated. It does nothing for battery life.

Most reactions