What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Ipad 2 Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still have wifi issues & am close to throwing this thing out the window. I have to log off/on about every 4 or 5 Internet pages. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever encountered. I've done all the tricks, like changing brightness, etc.
What security are you using on your WiFi router/modem?

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The some of the website features some random facts, news, reviews, and commentaries about the generation of Ipad. And being the latest, Ipad 2 now creates larger waves than the original one. Makes sense, though. But what’s more surprising is the growing list of criticisms about where Ipad 2 has skyrocketed from our expectations, and where the ‘revolutionary’ Apple product has fallen flat on the floor.

Here’s the top 10 list of Ipad 2 problems users complain about, ranging from glitches to major defects:

1. Cancelled Orders
2. Backlight Bleeding
3. Yellowing of the Screen
4. Wi-Fi Issues
5. FaceTime Freezing
6. Microphone Distortion
7. Speaker Quirks
8. Mysterious Heat
9. Poor Quality Camera
10.No improvement on screen resolution

Among the list which one did you encounter or you're still dealing with. And how did you fix that problems?

1. Cancelled Orders
- have not had this problem
2. Backlight Bleeding
- none that i've seen
- none yet
4. Wi-Fi Issues
- perfect with wi-fi no issues, multiple connections made
5. FaceTime Freezing
- dont use it, no issue for me
6. Microphone Distortion
- none I've experienced
7. Speaker Quirks
- no problems here
8. Mysterious Heat
- heat is part of anything with a processor in it, but it does
not bother me
9. Poor Quality Camera
- looks fine to me, if I want quality pictures I grab a digital camera
designed for it, not the iPad
- iPad 3 promises this, iPad2 did not

Most of this is blowing smoke, and non issues.

You should link the source I have a feeling that there not
Apple friendly in first place.

Last edited:

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The some of the website features some random facts, news, reviews, and commentaries about the generation of Ipad. And being the latest, Ipad 2 now creates larger waves than the original one. Makes sense, though. But what’s more surprising is the growing list of criticisms about where Ipad 2 has skyrocketed from our expectations, and where the ‘revolutionary’ Apple product has fallen flat on the floor.

Here’s the top 10 list of Ipad 2 problems users complain about, ranging from glitches to major defects:

1. Cancelled Orders
2. Backlight Bleeding
4. Wi-Fi Issues
5. FaceTime Freezing
6. Microphone Distortion
7. Speaker Quirks
8. Mysterious Heat
9. Poor Quality Camera

Among the list which one did you encounter or you're still dealing with. And how did you fix that problems?

1. Cancelled Orders
- have not had this problem
2. Backlight Bleeding
- none that i've seen
- none yet
4. Wi-Fi Issues
- perfect with wi-fi no issues, multiple connections made
5. FaceTime Freezing
- dont use it, no issue for me
6. Microphone Distortion
- none I've experienced
7. Speaker Quirks
- no problems here
8. Mysterious Heat
- heat is part of anything with a processor in it, but it does
not bother me
9. Poor Quality Camera
- looks fine to me, if I want quality pictures I grab a digital camera
designed for it, not the iPad
- iPad 3 promises this, iPad2 did not

Most of this is blowing smoke, and non issues.

You should link the source I have a feeling that there not
Apple friendly in first place.

On point.
Totally agree.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the yellowing of the screen is caused by the adhesive not having enough time to cure. That is a side effect of the speed at which the units were being shipped out.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gingerbreadlatte said:
I am still have wifi issues & am close to throwing this thing out the window. I have to log off/on about every 4 or 5 Internet pages. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever encountered. I've done all the tricks, like changing brightness, etc.

Other forum posters say that once they change the wifi router security to WPA2, then their problem is fixed. You might have WEP, which is less secure anyways.

Taline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how come my email can no longer be viewed, I cant change the time, year (its stuck on 2015BE) everytime I try scrolling it, it undermines any changes. If I were to go to setting and have it reset will I loose everything? Someone please help!!! cause I spent enough money buyinh an Ipad and now I have to apend more money to get help to get it fix when I only had it for 5 months smh!!!

Last edited:

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
how come my email can no longer be viewed, I cant change the time, year (its stuck on 2015BE) everytime I try scrolling it, it undermines any changes. If I were to go to setting and have it reset will I loose everything? Someone please help!!! cause I spent enough money buyinh an Ipad and now I have to apend more money to get help to get it fix when I only had it for 5 months smh!!!

Hi Taline,

Please read the forum rules, this is not your thread and you are posting questions in here. Thats consider thread hijack and is against the rules. If you need help please start a new thread.

Thanks,

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have absolutely none of the issues he complains about.
Don't think the OP does either, at least not all of 'em. Looks like he/she just formulated a list of problems reported in a variety of sources in order to get a discussion started. Mission accomplished it would seem.;)

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2. Backlight Bleeding
4. Wi-Fi Issues
5. FaceTime Freezing
6. Microphone Distortion
7. Speaker Quirks
8. Mysterious Heat
9. Poor Quality Camera

1. I have no idea what you mean.
2. known issue with the iPad, search before you act.
3. *facepalm* Same as above, I guess you have no idea what backlight bleeding is.
4. *facepalm* Umm, no. Check your router and modem.
5. *facepalm* It didn't freeze, the guy on the other end is multitasking.
6. *facepalm* WTF NO.
7. Huh?
8. *facepalm* Plug out the charger, turn down the brightness, and watch the magic.
9. *facepalm* Umm, did you bother checking the specs of the iPad?
10. *facepalm* Why on earth were you expecting one?

As you can see, my face hurts right now.

ITS ONLY THE 2ND GENERATION IPAD! JUST LIKE HOW BAD THE 2ND GEN IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH WAS! Look guys, just because the iPhone 4 was released, doesn't mean Apple will give us Retina, better cameras, etc. This is Apple's game. Imagine if the iPad 2 also came with Retina, better camera, 4G compatibilty, and a square iPhone 4-like design. Apple would have no idea what to make newer in the next generation of iPads! Game over for iPads!

Sorry if the post seems a little rude. I just get mad when noobs flame at Apple for stupid reasons.

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GlenL said:
To be honest, I was one of the people that said the iPad 1 sorely needed cameras. Now that I've had the iPad 2 since launch, I probably have taken 3 photos with it. It's just not a photo taking device, and I don't need a badass camera on there. I'd rather it be as slim as it is than have a better camera and be thicker.

Yeah. Imagine walking around in New York, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take a picture with your oh-so-large iPad. Seems stupid doesn't it?

Still, at home, I take a million pictures of my little brothers. So that kind of cancels out the above comment. [...]

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like this thread has run its course. If anyone has any of the issues originally posted take a moment to conduct a search of the forum (Search button in the toolbar at the top of every page) to find individual discussions. However if you can't find the answer feel free to post your question. There are a lot of great people here more than willing to lend a hand.

With that, this thread is closed. Thanks to all for participating!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have absolutely none of the issues he complains about.
Don't think the OP does either, at least not all of 'em. Looks like he/she just formulated a list of problems reported in a variety of sources in order to get a discussion started. Mission accomplished it would seem.;)

You mean a troll? ;) The OP never returned ~and...I am sorry, but it looks like Rich already closed this thread...

Okay, then. oops.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts