What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Predictions for iPad 2

What are Your iPad 2 Predictions?

• Total voters

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, with all the rumors running around, let's go on the record and crowd-source some ideas.

So, what is your prediction for the iPad 2?

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I vote that it will come with a blender and a bottle cap opener.

And an eating utensil, a mirror, and a c-band satellite dish.

3D_stillLife.jpg

Take that google! Lol

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I vote that it will come with a blender and a bottle cap opener.

And an eating utensil, a mirror, and a c-band satellite dish.

Take that google! Lol

Hehe, then you should have definitely chosen the last option, "Shocker"

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about an option for the camera(s)? Or is it already accepted around here that it will have at least one camera for sure?

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about an option for the camera(s)? Or is it already accepted around here that it will have at least one camera for sure?

You're right, of course. But the poll only allows 10 items, and I think every single person on the planet is expecting both front (yeah!) and rear (meh) facing cameras.

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You're right, of course. But the poll only allows 10 items, and I think every single person on the planet is expecting both front (yeah!) and rear (meh) facing cameras.

Ah ok I had no idea only 10 items are allowed. And true true, many will be really disappointed if it doesn't come with at least one camera.

Even though I have my iPhone for FaceTime (and now video Skype) I can see myself taking my iPad to places where I wouldn't have my iPhone so a camera is a must for me in the new iPad. But with all the rumors out there, the possibility of the camera not being there by now is looooow :D

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More memory, thinner, and new shaped back. And then there go cases that fit!
Guess we will all see. But I know iPhone has had a couple shape revisions. Have had to get new cases and screen protectors as a result.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still hoping for a higher resolution display despite the latest rumors to the contrary.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All reports point to a thinner display but with a better bright sunlight visibility. Sadly the resolution appears to be much the same.
We do need the extra memory though as I find more apps need a clean boot to run smoothly.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ultimate big shocker would be a quad core processor like the sony Ngp is gonna have. The ipad will then become a mobile powerhouse ;-)

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
After I closed out without the Shocker, I remembered Gorilla Glass. Then no one will have to worry about a screen cover. I don't anyhow, but having GG on my WP7 Samsung Focus [Yeah!!], I would expect it to show up on Apple products next versions, phone and pad.

PaduserCF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to see something really simple: a security slot for a Kensington-style cable lock. Yeah, I know, you can buy a case with one ($50+). How much does it cost to put a hole in the side?

commadore64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stupid shameless guesses here:
a) 3d screen (adjustable like Nintendo 3ds)
a) 2 front cameras to record 3d for 3d facetime
or
b) Ultra hi-def screen 2048 x 1536

quad cpu that is actually also gpu

power cpu with clock speed throttling (to control power consumption)

a total redesign of iOS but has compatibility mode for iphone/ipad1 apps
*dont kill the golden goose

fm transmitter so car stereo integration doesnt need special cables or anything

hdmi output with audio

Most reactions

Latest posts