What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Dream Ipad Stand

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice but ugly Freeky.
Then so is the proposed design above.

The iPad is fairly elegant so why choose clunky design to accompany it.

Stands should be self effacing.
What I want is a minimal base in polished aluminum supporting the pad 4 to 5 inches above the surface of my desk.
Since I use the connectors infrequently I don't need them gaping at me all the time.

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice but ugly Freeky.

What I want is a minimal base in polished aluminum supporting the pad 4 to 5 inches above the surface of my desk.
Since I use the connectors infrequently I don't need them gaping at me all the time.

Well, it works great in my car, truck, and at work. I can't even see the arm when I am sitting in front of it. It just looks like it is floating over the desk.

2010-09-16_04-34-02_229.jpg

If I can't see the stand while I am using the iPad, then how ugly can it be? It just looks like it is floating 6 inches above my desk, which is perfect for me, because it makes it so usable.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know them food stands so you can eat while laying in bed, or on the couch. Make one like that with a slope for the iPad to rest on. I'd like one either all black leather or nice wood with leather accents. Maybe on the slope, microfiber back so the iPad won't slide around. Just to the right or left or both sides of the slope, a flat base to set a drink on, pen an paper, or whatever other reason for a flat surface.

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Luxa2 H4 Ipad holder at work.

It is extremely flexible as it can swivel 360 degrees.

Aluminum base which matches the Ipad.

The 6 soft plastic holder have some adjustment. This allows the Apple Ipad case to fit in it.

Google it to find out about it.

I do not know how to add pictures or I would post one of it.

I use it with the Apple wireless keyboard.

It's not the most mobile stand, as the base does not fold, but it works great at work with it's angle flexibility, the ability to view in portrait or landscape, and it's great looks.

I tried above stand from Brookstone but the low height of the stand and lack of angle flexibility made me return it.

Tom.

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The stand I tried from Brookstone was the A-frame stand, not the rendering above.

The low height of that stand would be a problem if I had to look at it for a long time.

The leaning forward to get the proper view was not good for my back.

Tom.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like something that can be positioned for use with desk (so not to have to move laptop everyime I use Ipad) a chair, and on the bed, I agree would have to be easy to move around, but it can't be anything too small because then we can't get a lot of usable ideas into it.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice but ugly Freeky.

Well, it works great in my car, truck, and at work. I can't even see the arm when I am sitting in front of it. It just looks like it is floating over the desk.

2010-09-16_04-34-02_229.jpg

If I can't see the stand while I am using the iPad, then how ugly can it be? It just looks like it is floating 6 inches above my desk, which is perfect for me, because it makes it so usable.

Freeky where did you get that?

Most reactions

Latest posts