What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions from Ipad users wanted!

Yaiba83646

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all I am an engineering student in college, not an owner of an ipad, and I created my account specifically for this. My class is designing an ipad stand/case. We are not sure of what features we wish to incorporate yet and want the opinions of people who actually use the ipad in what they would like their stand to do!

So please! Give me you opinions, I want to hear what you all want in this potential ipad stand because it may just be showing up in the market in a few months! :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of reinventing the wheel, you may want to spend some time looking at stands that are already on the market and see what kind of features they have to offer. Then look through the DIY section of the forum and you will see some really creative stands/holders that have been built by the users here.

In order for your stand to be a commercial success, it has to be better and cheaper than everything else that is out there.

Good luck!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like the case to be as thin as possible while incorporating these features:
1. Stand can be used both portrait and landscape
2. Case has cover when closed to protect screen in transport
3. All outlets, buttons accessible
4. Securely attached, overtime frames in cases loosen and ipads slip around, even out.
5. Several color choices, not everyone wants black or gray!
6. Material idea--- the hard rubberized stuff like in the dermashot type backs but in a folio stlye. Stays clean, durable, colorized.

Oh! And stand increments are secure so it doesn't slip flat during use.

OP
Y

Yaiba83646

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the opinions both of you. We are indeed looking into what is already on the market, we simply want input from the customers on what they want as well. Thank you both of you for taking the time to post

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Street Skin case that I love, but it cost something like $29 or $39. The otter box case are also nice, but they cost $69 or $89. These are all WAY over priced. The street skin should be around$10 - $15 and the otterboxes should be $20.

The stands that I like, are those ones made of metal or aluminum that look really cool, but they also run $49 - $59. Their worth about $10

If you can make something good, but price it in the ranges above, and still can make a profit, then you should have a product that will sell like crazy.

Most reactions

Latest posts