What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo UK on IPad?

lynnt8253

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, been trying without success to set my Safari Browser on my Pad to search yahoo UK... Looked in settings and tried all sorts, but unlike my desktop computer that i can alter to search UK, i cant find how to set it on the Pad. Have got the Yahoo app so I can go to the app and search but why not in Safari? Thanks

OP
L

lynnt8253

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo UK search

Thanks for the reply, but getting Yahoo as my homepage isnt the problem.....Yahoo IS my homepage...my problem is getting it to search CO.UK and not Yahoo.Com. Im unable to find the settings on the Yahoo homepage to search UK only. Although the settings to change to UK are obvious on my desktop PC....not so on my IPad? thanks:confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo detects that it's a mobile browser. When you first go to Yahoo.com, look at the bottom line of the page and select 'Desktop Version' - then you're back with the familiar interface. On my iPad it then defaults to the UK site.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does the URL end in /tablet? If so scroll to the bottom of the page and change to the desktop version. Then things should work the same, more or less.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the URL end in /tablet? If so scroll to the bottom of the page and change to the desktop version. Then things should work the same, more or less.

Great minds think alike - we'll have to stop meeting like this!!

I have the advantage of being in the UK so I can confirm that our suggestions work just fine!! But, how did you know????

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Great minds think alike - we'll have to stop meeting like this!!

I have the advantage of being in the UK so I can confirm that our suggestions work just fine!! But, how did you know????

Tim

Just a matter of deduction, my dear Watson. :D

OP
L

lynnt8253

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Naaaa doesnt give me the option for desktop version....tried all the setting options and the 'more' menu.... Just nothing! In the URL it does say Ipad... But im at a loss as where to find the option to change search to UK only? Might give it up as a bad job! Lol!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Naaaa doesnt give me the option for desktop version....tried all the setting options and the 'more' menu.... Just nothing! In the URL it does say Ipad... But im at a loss as where to find the option to change search to UK only? Might give it up as a bad job! Lol!

I can't understand this. I go with my iPad to Yahoo.com. On that page, at the very bottom in the footnote is a link which says 'Desktop Version'. You can't see that there? Are you actually at Yahoo.com home page or another page on the Yahoo website. It only appears on that first page.

Tim

OP
L

lynnt8253

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YES!!...... Managed it thanks... Had to go onto MY Yahoo before I got the option for the desktop to come up...... But finally there..... Thanks very much!

Most reactions

Latest posts