What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo Mail question

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like to use Yahoo Mail on my iPad, but I'd also like to leave the mail on the server. The last time I tried, a few months ago, it deleted a bunch of mail from the server. I just looked in the settings, and the closest thing I can find, is Deleted Messages > Remove > Never. Is this the correct setting? I have it set up in the mail settings, but I haven't launched the mail app, because I'm afraid I'll lose my mail on the server. I use Yahoo Mail a lot, and simply don't want to lose any email, because I use also Outlook on the PC, and sometimes the web version.

Any advice?

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skallal said:
I'd like to use Yahoo Mail on my iPad, but I'd also like to leave the mail on the server. The last time I tried, a few months ago, it deleted a bunch of mail from the server. I just looked in the settings, and the closest thing I can find, is Deleted Messages > Remove > Never. Is this the correct setting? I have it set up in the mail settings, but I haven't launched the mail app, because I'm afraid I'll lose my mail on the server. I use Yahoo Mail a lot, and simply don't want to lose any email, because I use also Outlook on the PC, and sometimes the web version.

Any advice?

As long as you have set it up correctly none of your mail should self delete, just ensure that you sign out of yahoo on one device before you try to sign in on a different one.

The iDevice Guru

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no reason to log out on one device before using another.

Set the delete flag to never and you will be fine.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
There is no reason to log out on one device before using another.

Set the delete flag to never and you will be fine.

There is reason for everything. By deleting an email and then signing into mail on another device, mail can be lost from time to time, it's usually unnoticed mail such as trash or junk mail, but it happens.

The iDevice Guru

Most reactions