What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XSysInfo

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those of you who use XSysInfo please be aware that the latest update removes the 'memory boosting feature of XSysInfo upon request by Apple', to quote the Developer.

So, don't update...

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I already did (and was coming here to tell about it).

Fortunately, have the iTunes backup...

Wonder why they removed it?

Anyway, thanks for the warning.

Marilyn

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure our 'resident developer', thewitt, probably knows. It's usually because they use an undocumented API (Application Programmer Interface), which means there may be future incompatibilities.

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What memory boosting feature are you referring to...the "deep clean" function at app startup?

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm simply quoting from their update notice. That's what I thought they were referring to but I know no more than that.

Tim

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You only get notified of the updates. The iPad doesn't update automatically, at least, mine doesn't!!

I check very carefully now, after some really neat features were removed in an update to my once-favourite app, TuneIn.

Tim

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, I must Have something setup on mine because I often find some programs automatically update, I have checked appshopper to see if that is the culprit.

Reaction score
Those of you who use XSysInfo please be aware that the latest update removes the 'memory boosting feature of XSysInfo upon request by Apple', to quote the Developer.

So, don't update...

Tim

Bummer. I'll save how I feel about their decision for another day.
What they are removing was the reason I got the app . Upon reading reviews it seems they removed all memory parts, not just deep clean
Thanks for the heads up.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So, don't update...

Tim

What they are removing was the reason I got the app . Upon reading reviews it seems they removed all memory parts, not just deep clean
Thanks for the heads up.

Support Our Troops!!

Do you have any more info on this? I backed up the older version. Like others have said, the memory cleanup is the reason I got the program.

Reaction score
Not beyond the 45 reviews I read yesterday all giving it a 1 and stating the same as you and I , they took away the only reason they bought it. Every review gave it a 1. ouch!

Support Our Troops!!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So, don't update...

Tim

Thanks for the heads up.

Support Our Troops!!

You and me both, Mark. Have to say that I never had to use the memory clean up features of the app but without those features I really don't see the point of having it. It makes for interesting reading, I suppose, but other than providing some detailed information about the device in one place, it's more or less worthless.

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - the memory cleanup feature was invaluable - a much quicker way of freeing up memory than a complete power-down. So glad I didn't update...

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.
That memory release was worth every penny, especially with the iPad1. Wonder if they were using an unapproved api?

Hate that upgrade all button.
End up with seasonal rubbish for unplayed games mostly....

Most reactions

Latest posts