What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xcode 4.2 and iPad Simulator Landscape Issue

arfurd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having an issue as in the title, I'll tell you what I am doing then maybe....Nay hopefully you will be able to help (yes Google'd and found nothing)

I started a new project in Xcode, and chose single view application for iPad only device, and use of the story board.
In the app settings I deselected both portrait UIIterfaceOrientation options (as to support Landscape only).

I click on story board and see that I have already in place a View Controller, I place a single button on the View with the text "Settings".

I then add a second view controller, and just put a label in it saying "Settings Screen". Then whilst zoomed out within storyboard, holding down the ctrl button I drag the Settings button from view1 to view2 creating a segoe, and choose modal with horizontal flip.

Both set as landscape orientation.

So in short with no code written, I should have an app that runs/starts in landscape and when I click the single "Settings" button the screen flips and shows the settings screen. (no more, no less)

Well....This does happen except the iPad simulator rotates to portrait when I click the button. If manually rotate back to landscape the screen is still in portrait, just rotated sideways, so I have to tilt my head to read "Settings Screen".

I hope this makes sense. Just to add in the view control.m file the (bool) shouldautorotate...Has already been inserted by Xcode.

Regards

OP
A

arfurd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be that I'm totally missing the obvious.

All I want to do is display a number of views, all of which are landscape oriented.

Am I going around this the right way?

Cheers

OP
A

arfurd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help.

As it turns out, there is a bug in the iPad simulator.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry.

This is a great forum for general, personal, and business iPad users; but I'm afraid the developer area tends to be under used (to say the least). It would be great (in my opinion) if that were to change; but I suspect that most developers use Apple's supplied forums and sites for their inquiries.

Thanks for letting us know about the bug.

OP
A

arfurd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying.

I am Microsoft Developer and decided to start Apple development. Spent a fortune on the iPad and iMac and now have to pay extra to test on my own device (without jail breaking ) I will be opting in for the Apple dev program but at the moment I feel it would be dead money. To use their iOS support you need to pay for the program first.

I guess with Apple it's a members only club.

Most reactions

Latest posts