What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong Apple ID?

bdasgto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my IPad after purchasing a new Cadillac ATS and when I go to the app store to update the apps it asks for my apple id password. The id that is on there already is not me, how to I correct this so I can update my apps? Thanks for any help.

Kevin

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the bottom of the Features tab (in the AppStore app), there is a button showing an Apple ID. Press the button to get a pop-up and then press to log out. Then, you can log back in with your Apple ID. Like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373136014.303612.jpg

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
B

bdasgto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the appl store page and went to the bottom like you said and my apple id shows up there, but if you go to the page for updates and click on one of the apps that need to be updated, the apple id pops up, this one show an apple id of [email protected], that's not me? I'm guessing it has something to do with someone setting up the Ipad for purchaser of the car? Thanks again.

Kevin

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to the appl store page and went to the bottom like you said and my apple id shows up there, but if you go to the page for updates and click on one of the apps that need to be updated, the apple id pops up, this one show an apple id of [email protected], that's not me? I'm guessing it has something to do with someone setting up the Ipad for purchaser of the car? Thanks again.

Kevin

Are you able to delete the apps and download them again with your own Apple ID? Try it with only one app first, see if it works.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Kevin

Yes, that's the AppleID of the person who set up that iPad for you. Hopefully, it's as J.A. said - you'll be able to delete them and re-download them with your own AppleID. Otherwise, it's a trip back to the dealership to have the dealer update those apps for you.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Dhrystone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can go to Settings > ITunes and App Stores. Click on the Apple ID. Sign out and sign in with the Apple ID you use.

Last edited:

Most reactions