What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps that came installed by Cadillac on iPad

pgarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received an iPad with the purchase of a 2013 XTS Cadillac and it came installed with 4 apps that Cadillac had installed with an Apple ID from Cadillac. A problem arose when they needed updated and I didn’t know the password. Went to the Car Dealership and they couldn’t solve the problem and with many phone calls, both to Cadillac and Apple, and a trip to Computer store it was finally resolved. The 4 apps have to be deleted and reinstalled with your own Apple ID and Password and everything will be good to go after that. Was surprised Apple and Cadillac didn’t have a fix in place before this problem arose. It took a lot of time and effort to have this resolved. This is my first Apple product and I didn't have any idea what an app was or how to resolve this and it was frustrating. But then again, neither did the people who should have known this would be a problem, know how to fix it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IME, car manufactures and dealerships seem to have a really hard time with computer technology in general, so this doesn't surpise me one bit.

I will say that Toyota did a bit of a better job with the app....I bought one of their cars in July and already had their app on my phone when I went to pick the car up. But they still are problematic when it comes to gettting map updates for the GPS navigation unit in my car. I have heard they want $200 for it, which is beyond absurb.

Most reactions

Latest posts