1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apps that came installed by Cadillac on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by pgarden, Nov 14, 2012.

1. pgarden

pgarden iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I received an iPad with the purchase of a 2013 XTS Cadillac and it came installed with 4 apps that Cadillac had installed with an Apple ID from Cadillac. A problem arose when they needed updated and I didn’t know the password. Went to the Car Dealership and they couldn’t solve the problem and with many phone calls, both to Cadillac and Apple, and a trip to Computer store it was finally resolved. The 4 apps have to be deleted and reinstalled with your own Apple ID and Password and everything will be good to go after that. Was surprised Apple and Cadillac didn’t have a fix in place before this problem arose. It took a lot of time and effort to have this resolved. This is my first Apple product and I didn't have any idea what an app was or how to resolve this and it was frustrating. But then again, neither did the people who should have known this would be a problem, know how to fix it.
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    IME, car manufactures and dealerships seem to have a really hard time with computer technology in general, so this doesn't surpise me one bit.

I will say that Toyota did a bit of a better job with the app....I bought one of their cars in July and already had their app on my phone when I went to pick the car up. But they still are problematic when it comes to gettting map updates for the GPS navigation unit in my car. I have heard they want $200 for it, which is beyond absurb.