What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worse off

wpl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since installing iOS 8.0.2 nothing works well on my iPad. Apps are slow and sometimes crash and every task is sluggish. Even the ipf app doesn't work! I hope this gets fixed soon because I'm over it already.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Same here. Very slow. I have an iPad 3 though, but its slow. For me, its a pretty bad start to iOS 8 and I wuould say this time I am getting the worst update results of all iOS updates so far.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPF software was upgraded, and the app doesn't work since then. If you want to use an app, Tapatalk is the one you can use now.

If you didn't yet reset your iPad, using the Home and Power button, then do so, more than once, if it doesn't help the first time. Maybe it'll help. If not, restore your iPad using iTunes on a computer.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same here. Very slow. I have an iPad 3 though, but its slow. For me, its a pretty bad start to iOS 8 and I wuould say this time I am getting the worst update results of all iOS updates so far.

I suggest you restore via iTunes set up as new donot backup until you test the iPad. Bi also own an iPad 3 and performance is more than acceptable.

OP
W

wpl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll restore the iPad on iTunes as suggested.

OP
W

wpl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I restored my iPad and it's performance has improved, so thanks for the suggestion. It still doesn't work as well as it did prior to ISO8. What annoys me is that these kinds of issues were always related to Windows OS and now Apple is having them. It just isn't good enough to have to go through all this.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes a new iOS update takes some time to settle down and begin working better as it takes time to re index.

Most reactions

Latest posts