What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad's Kindle app

Casey9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys - does anyone know how to delete bookmarks on the Kindle IPad app ? It's really annoying as I've looked at it a million times and can't figure how to delete them - in fact I've made it worse as I've added so many more in trying to find ways to delete them

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just a confirmation that it's something missing in the app which hopefully they'll fix sometime soon

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Casey9,

Have you contacted the kindle support? My past experience with them has been super positive. In my opinion, the kindle reader for iPad is the best reading experience on the device.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstand your dilemma, when I start reading from a bookmarked page, I tap the actual bookmark up in the corner and it disappears, never to be revealed again (unless I put it back).

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the bottom of any page there is a symbol that looks like an open book. Touch the symbol and you get a menu. At the bottom of the menu it will say something like "my notes and marks". Touch that and you get a list of your bookmarks. Touch the bookmark in the list that you want to delete. It takes you to the page in question. Touch the dark bookmark at the top left and it turns to a faint + sign and that bookmark is eliminated. Repeat as needed.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Casey9

Casey9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys - retexan that's they way it works for all pages I test it on I.e. It gets rid of it, but unfortunately it doesn't delete the one page that appears 23 times in my bookmarks & highlights section - it has the plus sign on the page where I've tried to delete it but clearly 23 attempts just
make it worse

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if you want to go this route, but i imagine you can delete the whole book and re-download it at no cost. I am not sure of this, so check elsewhere, but perhaps a possibility?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, so there's no mark on the page, but the page is listed as marked a million times. Sounds like an issue with that book (if it occurs in others, then the app.) I agree try deleting the book, then reload. You said you did a full REBOOT, right?

I wonder if that "whisper sync" thing might be messing up somehow.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts