What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wont let me install

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wifi only iPad and I realize it won't work on the road without service........but I'll be tethering my droid x to the iPad to have service so why won't it let me download?

Attachments

• image-42096862.jpg
    image-42096862.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 289
OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Q8. “Will the application work with a WiFi iPad if it is hooked up to an external GPS device?”

A8. At this time, there aren't any external GPS modules compatible with the WiFi iPad that don't require a jail-broken device. We will update the MotionX News Room if compatible devices become available.

Apparently I'm lost because I thought the app itself is the gps?!

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
GPS is hardware, not software. The GPS hardware receives the signals from the GPS satellites in orbit.

MotionX, and other apps, interpret the signals and put them into something we can use rather than just the raw data received by the GPS radio.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As for why it won't let you install, that's to keep hoards of angry customers from storming Cupertino demanding their money back for apps that don't work on their device.

Even so, there is the occasional mob milling about looking for an unguarded entrance. I think they are all lawyers though. ;)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
As for why it won't let you install, that's to keep hoards of angry customers from storming Cupertino demanding their money back for apps that don't work on their device.

Even so, there is the occasional mob milling about looking for an unguarded entrance. I think they are all lawyers though. ;)

OT--I enjoy your comments.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. I really would have rather been helpful (well, mostly rather) but I don't know of any solution outside the few GPS/app solutions you have to pay for.

If you ever do find one please let us know. Even though I have a GPS iPad I also have a Droid X, and it sounds like it would be something interesting to play with.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use your X for gps. Google maps or there are other gps apps available on the X.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that.......but it's the HIGH of it all to get it working on the iPad via wifi tethered

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I don't mind paying for the gps app....that's why I tried to buy motion x in the first place

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh your good.....Ill take a look at this stuff, I just hate not being able to do stuff when I can visualize in my head!!!!!! Drives me nuts lol is there a lot to jail breaking? Does it change a lot of looks on this thing or what?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't really help you with jaibreaking. While I've looked at it briefly, but I just don't need it for anything I do or want to do badly enough to bother.

There is a iPad Hacking area on the forum. Head over there and read some, ask some questions. Better your answers come from some more experienced hands.

Most reactions

Latest posts