Verizon and service

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by bigbearnow, Sep 6, 2012.

1. bigbearnow

bigbearnow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was going over prices on the website ( Verizon) and I did a fake order to see what my total would be and to see what options I had and it would not let me select a plan with the tablet. I do have two cell phones with Verizon were under contract. I did not log in to my account. I was doing it as a new customer. Didn't ask any personal info just let me select what I wanted and when I tried to select a plan it said I had TI pic. Droid taxer or something. Let me go through the order process to buy without service though. Anyone know why it would not be available in my area? I really wanted service in it not just through wifi

2. bigbearnow

bigbearnow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weird but I went ahead and logged into account and acted as I was going to upgrade to the iPad it seems it was going tort me. So not sure why it did that. So hopefully I can when I am ready in a month

3. Suitcase70

Suitcase70 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have their MiFi thing it costs me $50. a month for 5Gig. $10 per gig over use. I was on dial up, all I could get. This is faster and works with my PCs too if they have wifi cards. It's not very fast downloading videos though, I have the 3G version. I bought the little wifi device from a private owner for $35. and took it to a Verizon dealer and I had it activated. It saved me having to agree to a two year contract.

4. bigbearnow

bigbearnow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is the mifi and what does it do?

5. iJamesH

iJamesH iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    It's a wireless router that acts like your personal wifi hotspot.