What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi

twall1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem w/iPad losing connection to wifi?

Tommy

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some people report this issue but it's not that common. Have you verified that the modem or router aren't causing problems? Try some other devices and ensure they stay connected. The other thing to try is having the iPad "forget" your current network and then let it re-find it. It's also worth rebooting the iPad by holding the home button and the top reset button together for a few moments until you see the Apple logo appear.

If all else fails then there could be some specific router settings that may help but that depends on the router. What kind do you have? What modem do you have?

SuzeRam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that common? If you google 5.1.1 + update + no wifi ... you get literally millions of hits. Have tried every remedy short of a new device. Only "helpful" suggestion I've seen is that Apple is releasing iOS 6 in June and is basically ignoring this issue until then. This is only a rumor. For all I know, Apple is really falling down on this.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SuzeRam said:
Not that common? If you google 5.1.1 + update + no wifi ... you get literally millions of hits. Have tried every remedy short of a new device. Only "helpful" suggestion I've seen is that Apple is releasing iOS 6 in June and is basically ignoring this issue until then. This is only a rumor. For all I know, Apple is really falling down on this.

It's likely the millions of hits are all for different reasons and not due to any single issue with iOS 5.1.1

It's much more likely that it's related to problems with your wireless router. Have you tried updating the firmware of that.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SuzeRam said:

But a new device should have been higher on your list because many of us are having no problems. And millions of hits doesn't mean much because these threads have back-and-forth banter which is a strong multiplier.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My old wifi router used to give me regular drop-outs on my iPhone and even PCs. Since I replaced the router, I have had zero issues. It's been months now since the change.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many devices are using WiFi at the same time in your home? That's one issue that could affect your connection to your iPad, etc. I sometimes have a issue with my iPad2 but it's usually when we're watching Netflix or downloading stuff on our laptops. We're upgrading our router soon to eliminate this problem.

bgiese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes we have as many as 8 devices via wi-fi along with 4 devices via Ethernet.

We have an Apple Airpor Extreme base station and it works great.

Most reactions

Latest posts