What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad WiFi Connection Problems

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new iPad (64gb, 4G). I have noticed that, at times, my iPad has problems connecting to the WiFi. This does not happen that often, but when it does it is annoying and puzzling. Here are the specific symptoms of the most recent occurrence. My iPad always automatically detects my home WiFi connection. I turned my iPad off for the night. When I turned it on the next morning, it would not connect to my wifi. I checked my pc to see if there were any wifi connection problems, but my pc was connected and working properly. I clicked on the wifi tab and saw the name of my wifi connection listed. However, my iPad would not connect to it. Luckily I have a 4G connection as well. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or, does anyone know what may be causing this problem?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried turning the WIFI off,then on again to see if it helps?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Davey123 - probably already done, but you can look in the 'Wi-Fi Settings' to make sure your home network is listed; of course, you could 'Forget the Network' and have the iPad re-detect the Wi-Fi router?

Second, you could 'Reset' the iPad (you've already done a 'Restart' by turning the device On & Off) - finally, you could power recycle your modem and router, i.e. turn each off (or pull their power plugs); then in sequence, turn the modem on first and then the router - I have to do this about once a month w/ my home network.

Good luck and let us know if any of these suggestions help - :)

OP
D

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned, this problem does not occur frequently. When I turned my 4G on and turned it back off, then the problem had corrected itself. I will try to turn off my router the next time the problem occurs. It is strange because my pc still detected the wifi network, although my iPad didn't. Also, I was just wondering if others had experienced a similar type of problem. Again,thanks.

sergio.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad2's wifi is not connecting in my house. It connects everywhere but not here. My computer is connected, no problem, but the ipad doesn't. It sees the network, asks for password, the wifi bar shows up full but the connection is never completed.

chatpeeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davey123 said:
I have the new iPad (64gb, 4G). I have noticed that, at times, my iPad has problems connecting to the WiFi. This does not happen that often, but when it does it is annoying and puzzling. Here are the specific symptoms of the most recent occurrence. My iPad always automatically detects my home WiFi connection. I turned my iPad off for the night. When I turned it on the next morning, it would not connect to my wifi. I checked my pc to see if there were any wifi connection problems, but my pc was connected and working properly. I clicked on the wifi tab and saw the name of my wifi connection listed. However, my iPad would not connect to it. Luckily I have a 4G connection as well. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or, does anyone know what may be causing this problem?

I had the same problem everything you mentioned happened to me. To make it short and sweet my I pad 2 was still under a year old. Apple exchanged for a new no questions. Brilliant service

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would say if the problem persists, make an appointment with the genius bar. Can't hurt, right?

Good luck and I hope you are able to get the issue resolved quickly:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Ipad2's wifi is not connecting in my house. It connects everywhere but not here. My computer is connected, no problem, but the ipad doesn't. It sees the network, asks for password, the wifi bar shows up full but the connection is never completed.

Hi Sergio - welcome to the forum! :)

Not certain if you looked at my previous post closely, but I would suggest that you 'power recycle' your modem & router (explained before) - despite your computer not having an internet connection issue, other devices on the network may not function properly - good luck!

dianaofer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 64GB 3g WiFi is having continous connection problems - I connect to my home WiFi and it is good only for a few minutes. There are 5 Ipads in my home and all the others have continuous connection. It is driving me bonkers especially after I write a long message and as I press send I get "No internet connection" and I have to go to settings to reconnect (also for a few minutes) and the whole message is wiped out.

Sharon89b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my new iPad, the wifi range was really poor. After looking for a solution to this issue for quite some of time, I was just about to give up, and RMA the iPad. I did a bunch of research came across WIRED magazine and found a extensive and detailed review of Pong Research cases. These guys make a very special case which has a built-in antenna in between its layers, which redirects and boost the signal and range of your new iPad, iPhone and other devices. As a result, I'm able to connect to my router from much further without a problem. And that's not all, one of the features I like the most is their Origami Cover which folds in 5 different positions while still maintaining the sleep/wake function.

etfk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sharon,
I am new here.Hv same problem as yrs...can u adv how to get the special case.tks

Most reactions

Latest posts