What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is my iPhone 3gs and hp netbook pick up my wifi connection at home in my bedroom and my white iPad wifi 3g at&t does not? Help please any suggestions on why or why not thx

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fifi1992 said:
Why is my iPhone 3gs and hp netbook pick up my wifi connection at home in my bedroom and my white iPad wifi 3g at&t does not? Help please any suggestions on why or why not thx

Well, the obvious question would be does it see your router at all? Better yet, does it pick up/log into your router in other areas of the house, yet then drop it when heading to/in the bedroom?

If so I would probably suspect a hardware issue. I know all three of my iPads are the most sensitive when it comes to picking up a connection. As in, if there's "remotely" a signal out there, it sees it.

How strong of a signal is depicted on your laptop/iPhone in the bedroom? If fairly strong then I would definitely think hardware issue in your pad.

OP
F

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the iPhone has about a 3 bar signal. The netbook has a 2 bar connection. Now I do have a signal on my iPad but it goes between 1 bar and 2 bars

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fifi1992 said:
Well the iPhone has about a 3 bar signal. The netbook has a 2 bar connection. Now I do have a signal on my iPad but it goes between 1 bar and 2 bars

So it is connecting in the same place's yet just depicts a weaker signal?

If so does the iPad function in the same areas utilizing wifi regardless of signal strength?

Cheers

OP
F

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes connecting in same places weaker signal

Most reactions

Latest posts