1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wifi problems...

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by wired1087, May 19, 2011.

1. wired1087

wired1087 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all, I'm stumped so I thought you nice people might be able to help me out. So a few days ago I started experiencing serious slowdowns in my internet connections on all my devices. After isolating the problem to my router, I replaced the router and it seems to have fixed the problem on my laptops. The problem is that I am still having the same issues on my iphone and ipad. I usually get around 10mbps on my laptops according to speedtest.net, but when I run the tests on my ipad and iphone with the speedtest app, I'm barely getting 3mbps. I've searched around and tried a few things out including changing my DNS setting, shutting off my automatic brightness thing, and fiddling with my router (turning on and off the QoS features and switching between mixed broadcasting to just g and back and forth) but nothing has done any good at all. Any tips? This seriously sucks, I can't hardly watch a youtube video as it stands, so I'm hoping you can help me out. Thanks a lot. :)

ps
    I'm running ios 4.3 on my iphone 4 but my ipad is still running 4.2.1 because I haven't gotten around to updating it yet. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,983 / 1