What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi problems...

wired1087

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm stumped so I thought you nice people might be able to help me out. So a few days ago I started experiencing serious slowdowns in my internet connections on all my devices. After isolating the problem to my router, I replaced the router and it seems to have fixed the problem on my laptops. The problem is that I am still having the same issues on my iphone and ipad. I usually get around 10mbps on my laptops according to speedtest.net, but when I run the tests on my ipad and iphone with the speedtest app, I'm barely getting 3mbps. I've searched around and tried a few things out including changing my DNS setting, shutting off my automatic brightness thing, and fiddling with my router (turning on and off the QoS features and switching between mixed broadcasting to just g and back and forth) but nothing has done any good at all. Any tips? This seriously sucks, I can't hardly watch a youtube video as it stands, so I'm hoping you can help me out. Thanks a lot. :)

ps
I'm running ios 4.3 on my iphone 4 but my ipad is still running 4.2.1 because I haven't gotten around to updating it yet. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Most reactions

Latest posts