What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi passwords

garda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have my iPad and can connect onto my wi fi at home with no problem. It is automatic. My sis got an iPad yesterday and she lives with e and has to put in the password each time she goes online. Can someone help this non technical gal?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's very likely that she is connecting through a 'guest' wifi network that always requires a password. It has nothing to do with the iPad as it would be the same on every other device.
She should talk with the wifi owner to set it up differently if possible.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't have a solution for you, but I think maybe you mis-typed your post and people reading it are not answering your question.

Are you saying that your sister lives with you and is using the same wi-fi connection?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the wifi network at your house has the same SSID name of a network previously known to your your sister's iPad the stored password for that "known" network will differ resulting in a prompt for the password.

I have seen a multitude of home wireless networks broadcasting the router manufacturer's name as the SSID for that network. By far the most commonly encountered wifi network SSID is Linksys or netgear. This is caused by users enabling wireless security but failing to change the SSID.

These same folks also commonly leave the admin profile and password set to their shipped values which gives mischievous individuals opportunity to access the router and wreak a little havoc....havoc that is easily undone with a simple paper clip.

I've had my share of fun doing this. It is my way of educating family and friends by demonstrating how vulnerable their thought to be secure wireless network actually is :)

vividenigma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try going to Settings then General then Reset then reset network settings the device will reboot. Then pull up your router on the list and enter password and see if this helps

Most reactions

Latest posts