What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no iMovie app for iPad

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The word is out that the iPhone 4 will have 512MB of RAM. That is twice the iPad and four times the 3GS iPhone. It is apparently the minimal needed to run iMovie. So those who wanted to see iMovie with iOS4, sorry. I would say definitely a lock for the iPad 2G.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well, with no camera and the only way to get video is from the internet or a desktop, it would make more sense to me to edit video on a desktop than on an iPad. To me, it only makes sense if you can actually shoot video on the iPad. Apple needs to make a wifi or bluetooth camera to go with the iPad!

nicholaschum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, iPad now has it's own Camera Kit so you can import pictures and videos from an SD card or a camera. Some people have gotten iMovie to be run on an iPhone 3GS. So it is weird that the iPad still does not have it's own iMovie.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well iMovies is only available on the iPhone with iOS4....so that explains it to me.

Can't wait for a full iMovie for iPad!

Most reactions

Latest posts