What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why my ipad2 timezone auto change to another countries timezone when im not overseas?

inclouis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why my ipad2 timezone auto change to another countries timezone when im not overseas? I'm the setting when I set it automatically it it will change to other timezone that different from my current location.(I'm in London) Also when I sync with my Mac the timezone will change after sync. I can only set the time manually, but there's another problem is when I use my Facebook or twitter I can't see what time is the post that my friend posted. Eg: 15minutes ago. Can someone help me out or somebody encountered the same problem as me?

OP
I

inclouis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These pictures are my settings. Manually time is correct but aster i pressed set automatically became other timezone. Please help..this bothering me...

Attachments

• image-4196524407.png
    image-4196524407.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 410
  • image-4098998465.png
    image-4098998465.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 378
  • image-1170424597.png
    image-1170424597.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 353

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open the Map app. Where does it think you are located?

Also, try changing your time zone under Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Time Zone Support. That might help the second problem, and might not.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As a temporary fix you might be able to go to Settings >> Locations Services, and turn it off. You probably won't want to keep it this way, because it will limit quite a few useful apps from working properly, including the Maps app.

OP
I

inclouis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your reply I've tried everything you mentioned above but still don't work well for me. And my current location in maps app also the right location as where I'm ATM.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, that pretty much exhausts my ideas. One last thing to try, and for something like this I don't hold out much hope, is a reset.

Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears (ignore the power off slider if it appears). The iPad should reboot.

OP
I

inclouis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried that too.. Thanks for your reply , appreciate it. Atone encountered the same problem as I am?

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest verifying that you have the correct timezone set on the laptop or PC that you sync with.

Most reactions