What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is there no Flash on the Ipad 3?

jamby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad camera a lot in my work. The iPad wouldn't be nearly as functional for me without. Not having a camera would have been a big mistake. We all know that adding a functional flash should have been pretty simple. It would have made the iPad nearly perfect for me. I am betting it is going to happen. Just a ploy to get more people to plunk down more money for the next iPad.

StyleFra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um, because it is not a camera?

Well, it is not a phone, not a radio, not a tv, not a computer, not a notepad, not a bookshelf, not many other lots of things, but we use it to take pictures, make calls, whatch movies and listen to music, take noter etc...!
The point is that it's odd to have a built-in app, or tool, that's called "photocamera" and not using it as such, or not considering it to be really meant to be a camera, just because the device itself it's not a camera! :D
There are many humorous things or even ridiculous, that we can do with our iPad and its bizarre apps (for example the mirror app to adjust one's makeup!!), and the camera is not the funniest, in my opinion. Again, a mobile phone is not a camera, either, still it comes sometimes with an impressively good camera, with an incorporated flash. For these reasons it's quite simple to agree that what looks obvious for you, probably it is not for other people who have a wider sight on things.
I agree that the no-flash decision made by Apple is more on a technical side of things: it may demand too much (battery? precision? physical room?) for how the ipad is conceived, and the price it can cost, compared to the previous editions, and other apple devices. So they greatly improved the camera and let it without a flash also in the ipad 3. A step forwards.
Fra

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I couldn't help but laugh as I watched a women walk waist deep into a wave pool with her ipad using it to take pics... She got bumped and it slipped... Guess what they don't float either....

Most reactions

Latest posts