What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why does people dont interested in Verzion Ipad 2?

kofjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, i went to apple store today to exchange my ipad 2 16gb for an 32 gb, unfortunately they don't have any 32 gb in stock. however they have a bunch of Verzion Ipad 2 in stock, and i dont see any lines ~ i am not interested in 3G but why does people choose ATT but not Verzion?

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because AT&T is gsm. A lot of biz people need to access the Internet overseas u can

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, i went to apple store today to exchange my ipad 2 16gb for an 32 gb, unfortunately they don't have any 32 gb in stock. however they have a bunch of Verzion Ipad 2 in stock, and i dont see any lines ~ i am not interested in 3G but why does people choose ATT but not Verzion?

Yes - as the previous poster said - Verizon uses the CDMA protocol which only works in the US - not even in Canada. AT&T iPads use GSM and they work in more-or-less every country in the world with the possible exception of Japan.

So, if you're ever going to take your iPad overseas - AT&T - if not, Verizon - or check the coverage in the area in which you live.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad....

Tim
Scotland

greygoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, ATT uses SIM card. Verizon is not. A lot more flexibility with SIM cards.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It depends on where you use your iPad. Where I live and work in Boston ATT's network is way too congested. My ATT iPad 1 was slow as molasses during weekdays so I went Verizon for the new one. It never slows down to a crawl like I had to live with for 10 months on ATT. This may not be an issue where you live.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience has been that

as reported in all the comparison studies, AT&T is twice faster than Verizon for data. Their telephone connections can be iffy but they are waaaaay faster with data.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was close to getting the iPad2 VZ as well. After doing extensived research and getting over my indeciveness between Att vs VZ data plan, I'm so glad I went with 3G Att version. First, I am already an exceptional ATT customer and second I want to have my iPad/iPhone in one bill. Asides from that, I saw the YouTube on Att vs VZ's speed data and Att's speed is way faster. I don't really care for the gsm thing since I don't go overseas. You are probably asking why I don't do hotspot with my iphone instead. Main reason is I want to protect from losing my unlimited data for my iPhone. And convenience is priceless to me. My first iPad was just a wifi and my experienced with wifi was just a mediocre experinced because it was wifi dependent whereas my 3G iPad now, I am more excited and motivated to take it along with me. Knowing that I can connect anywhere with it and not having to rely to go to a coffee shop and wifi places is the biggest part and more enjoyable iPad experience I ever had.

Last edited:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as reported in all the comparison studies, AT&T is twice faster than Verizon for data. Their telephone connections can be iffy but they are waaaaay faster with data.

On paper maybe, but as I mentioned, it depends on where you use the iPad. Where I live ATT data was so slow with my iPad 1 that I gave up my unlimited plan to go with the Verizon version (turns out I'm actually saving money because I never use more than 1GB of data per month). The speed issue became clear to me when I bought my Verizon iPhone and found it almost twice as fast as my ATT iPad at home and at work. I probably should have made a comparison video to post on YouTube. :)

People should always try the different carriers where they live to see which is faster. It's all about network capacity and/or congestion, not test download specs.

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with AT&T because 1) they have better coverage in my state. 2) I liked their purchase plan better. Plus, they gave me my first month of 2G free. Nor have I ever have had any issues with AT&T as my cell carrier.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aspasia said:
I went with AT&T because 1) they have better coverage in my state. 2) I liked their purchase plan better. Plus, they gave me my first month of 2G free. Nor have I ever have had any issues with AT&T as my cell carrier.

Agreed.

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Here's the way I see it.
Let everybody else buy the AT&T iPad. Frees up more date for me on Verizon. I have yet to go overseas & probably never will unless on vacation, and then why would I take my iPad? Doesn't seem like very much a vacation from it all. I was having second thoughts at first about if I made the wrong decision. But now that everybody else is choosing AT&T(which in my opinion is craptastic as a cell provider), let them all crowd the popular carrier with traffic while I cruise down the open road.

If travel overseas you are most likely spend 8+ hours on a plane and who knows how long in the airport, taking iPad with you might be a good idea :)

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon in general using outdated CDMA technology which should die long ago. It is good in phone quality just because they have tons of towers in US. However in data they are much worse than GSM. They don't like GSM because it will bring freedom to the people, freedom of having phones without contracts and use any SIM card you like.
When I am in Europe I am getting prepaid Sim card in first store and use it. I don't like quality, I am getting next card from another company. They are having lots of different cards and providers not as we are here.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts