What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why does my ipad stop connecting to internet?

Janeen Daly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it will stop connecting for about a week at a time then comes back online. i find if i play any of my games(candy crush or papa pear saga) then it stops connecting again for another week

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your router's firmware up to date? This could be one of the reasons why it's dropping the internet connection.

Here are a few things you can try to solve the issue:
Reset the router: turn it off (mabe even unplug it) and turn it on again.
Reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo is visible. Let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.
Go to Settings - General - Reset and select "Reset Network Settings". That done, you'll have to set up Wi-Fi again (maybe also the cellular network, if your iPad also has this feature).
Also make sure your iPad's software is up to date. The latest version for iPad 2 and later is iOS 8.1.1.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts