What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

internet connection

Raist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here and havent had the time to introduce myself. Im from indonesia and a proud owner of ipad 3 which i purchase about 6 months ago.

I've been having a problem with the internet connection in my house. The problem is not a persistent one though so its quite annoying and hard to pinpoint what the problem is exactly. My ipad will say its connected (the wifi symbol would show full signal) but still i cant connect to the internet. Like i mentioned before, the problem comes and goes. In the past, i reseted my router or restart my ipad and it will usually work again. Last night though i tried thiese things and i still cannot connect to the internet. I also tried to forget network, still it does not work. Although i can connect to the internet from my laptop without any problem. Imalso dont have any problem connecting to the internet from the office.

Does anyone have any experience wirh this problem? How do i solve this?

Thanks for any input/suggestion/help!

Raist

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should call to an expert to check all your connections, because I don't think that is a problem with your iPad 3

OP
R

Raist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick the quick reply! Its hard for me the get an expert to check on my connection. I tried that before and the guy does not know a thing about ipad. He tried connecting with his laptop which i know would work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Raist said:
Hi all,

I'm new here and havent had the time to introduce myself. Im from indonesia and a proud owner of ipad 3 which i purchase about 6 months ago.

I've been having a problem with the internet connection in my house. The problem is not a persistent one though so its quite annoying and hard to pinpoint what the problem is exactly. My ipad will say its connected (the wifi symbol would show full signal) but still i cant connect to the internet. Like i mentioned before, the problem comes and goes. In the past, i reseted my router or restart my ipad and it will usually work again. Last night though i tried thiese things and i still cannot connect to the internet. I also tried to forget network, still it does not work. Although i can connect to the internet from my laptop without any problem. Imalso dont have any problem connecting to the internet from the office.

Does anyone have any experience wirh this problem? How do i solve this?

Thanks for any input/suggestion/help!

Raist

The problem may not be with your iPad or router at all. It's entirely possible that the real problem is a faulty Internet signal entering your home. That would explain why the iPad shows connected without a having connection to the Internet.

Last edited:
OP
R

Raist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57! Could it still be the problem eventhough the internet connection through my laptop works out ok?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try updating the firmware on you router, and/ or resetting the router.

OP
R

Raist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done that already, unfortunately, still nothing

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's something else you can try. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Try that and see how it works.

OP
R

Raist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try that. But unfortunately or actually fortunale my connection works again so i cant test ehere the problem lies at the moment without me doing anything. I probably wont be able to test your solution till my internet breaks off again. This is exactly what frustates me

Most reactions

Latest posts