What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do YOU Hate iTunes?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate them because our computer crashed once and my daughter lost over $500 in songs ( that she didn't back up )

But they should make a way to re download them!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually really like iTunes.

Contact apple they will let you redownload them.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think she tried that....and on my other site oodles of people told me that they will not do that as they all lost them too...

Oh Shitums.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I havent had an issue with iTunes. I also make sure to back up and do so often. Bet your daughter (or you) will back up from now on. Only takes that "one time" to show the true beauty that is backup.

Sorry though.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The three rules of computing...

Location, location, location!

No wait, that's real estate!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent had an issue with iTunes. I also make sure to back up and do so often. Bet your daughter (or you) will back up from now on. Only takes that "one time" to show the true beauty that is backup.

Sorry though.

Thanks! And yes! All of her songs are backed on MY iPad! And on a flash drive.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I actually have all my iTunes data on a different external drive. When I connect my backup drive, run a script to copy all the data from the main to the backup. This includes my iTunes library files on the PC. I use "SyncToy" from Microsoft to do the backup. Plug in the drives, run the app, a few minutes later, it is done and I am backed up again.

If I make major changes, or get quite a bit of music or audio books or whatever, I will sync up in the middle of the month, but I have a reminder for the first sunday of the month to sync my iTunes. Granted, I also backup a number of other data directories as well.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From the other thread in which I explode on iTunes.

I agree that iTunes is by far the worst part of being an iGadget owner.
It really is a bloated hot steaming bowl of frothing dog crap - a huge sucking sin that I have to connect my perfectly wonderful glass and metal device like an umbilical cord to that confused, putrid, stinking cesspool of slow bloat software fail.

But that is just me being nice.

Have you read the human interface guidelines for app developers? It is strict, clear, smart and has a reason.

Whoever wrote the user interface guidelines to iTunes should be executed.

Why does one need to go to so many different places to manage music on a stinking iPod? What purpose does Ping serve in the whole mess? How about one screen that shows my videos and what I want to do with them instead of drilling down through so deep to do anything in multiple side and sometimes not-side menus. Why not make file transfer to your device's apps make sense? What about organizing thing like pictures?

It is a typical example of bloatware that has lost it's clarity and purpose since the project's start.

And what the hell are all those stupid little checkboxes?? How about some friggin mouseover tips???

Why, when I click to check for updates I apps, and enter my password, do I get cryptic messages about it being no longer up-to-date. And why does the damn File menu have an even more confused jumble of crap than Advanced?

Hmmmm.... maybe I actually don't like iTunes as much as I thought I did!

Just because we're used to it doesn't make it good. :(

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What are you smokin?
The three rules of computing are...

Backup! Backup! Backup!

So let me see if I am following this correctly.... your computer crashed, but you do have backup copies of all your daughter's music on your iPad and on a flash drive... and you hate iTunes because... ????

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What are you smokin?
The three rules of computing are...

Backup! Backup! Backup!

So let me see if I am following this correctly.... your computer crashed, but you do have backup copies of all your daughter's music on your iPad and on a flash drive... and you hate iTunes because... ????

She lost all her music when our computer crashed 2 years ago, Scott.

Focus.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Backups!!!
You must allways have a backup. Best thing is to have your data in 3 places.

#1 original
#2 Backup to seperate device incase original dies
#3 Off Site backup for if a disater happens like the house catch's on fire or a earthquake/tornado/hurricane comes the data is backed up to someplace else.

I'm using a service called Live Drive (livedrive.com) it was like $180 for 5 years of unlimited online backup storage and unlimited number of computers I can backup. Everything is automaticly backed up and encrypted.

Most reactions

Latest posts