What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod 4 Questions!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Marie!

Leave it to you to discuss the latest cutting edge product from Apple. I'm glad you are endorsing the new iPod Touch. I've been considering purchasing it for two reasons:
1. With it's onboard camera, I'll be able to deposit checks to my bank's website. I have to spend 30 minutes twice a month at a bank teller window depositing rent checks, etc. This iPod Touch will give me back a whole hour of my life.
2. I do not have a video camera, so this will allow me to create videos and post them onto YouTube or wherever.

I need at least three more reasons to get this device and then I'll assure myself that this wasn't a "wow, gotta have it" impulse purchase.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I can use the iPod Touch to learn how to use my version four iPad when the update comes out in November--but that doesn't seem to qualify as a good reason #3.:confused:

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Matt! I didn't get it, babe. My daughter's boyfriend did. I just synced it for him and played with it. I want it though, Matt! It is so tiny and cool.

I saw on tv, that you can take a pic of your check and it is auto deposited, your right! I have direct deposit, but I too, have to go go to the bank twice a month as they can't DD our mileage checks or my second job check. I hate it!

I think you should get it, Matt.:D

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portable music, facetalk, all your iPad apps share and visa versatile, fits in your pocket....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey does this have to be done on my computer?
Yes, you have to do it on your computer because now his iPod is synced to your library. You can have several mobile devices synced to one library, but you can only sync a mobile device to one library. Well... there are other ways to use multiple computers, but I think it is a PITA!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He can if he wants to start over. No big deal.

On his computer log in with your ID and authorize. Download the apps of yours he wants. You won't be charged again... Then log out, log back in with his account authorize computer again, then plug in iPod...reset it when it says syncing will erase everything then it will copy over the apps...not sure about music since I don't share miine...have very few songs on ipad

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPod Touch! Good enough for me. :cool:

4d9d7c7f.png

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't ignoring you babe... honest injun! I do have somewhat of a shallow shell of an existence outside of my iPad... sometimes!

But anyway, it sounds like you kinda sorta have an answer to your original question, but it is certainly not ideal and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it given that your future son-in law (well it could happen!) is shipping out today.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is easy I don't know why Scott insists otherwise! Boo on you Scottie! :D

My son, his girlfriend, my best friend all use different computers, different accounts and share apps this way by authorizing each others accounts on our own pcs....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I guess its because I have my computer and she has hers and never the twain shall meet so I have never had to really think about how to share devices on the same PC!

Most reactions

Latest posts