What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do I have so many invitations?

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems everytime I turn on my iPad, I have a popup saying I have some astronomical number of invitations.

A couple of days ago it was ~500, and now it's saying 1024. If I click on "view" it shows me only 1....(a meeting request from Exchange).

Why is the count so far off, and is there a way to fix it?

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have never seen anything like you discribe on any of my iPads.

Is this when you turn it on? After sliding the wakeup slide? Will it do this if all the tiny Icons are closed from the bottom of the screen once double pressing on home button? Very courious.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am with sheerluckholmes, what invitation are we talking about

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

OP
E

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. I sync to Exchange (my work calendar).

When I wake up the iPad and I have a new invitation (like a meeting request for example), there's a blue pop-up that says "1024 invitations" and the number keeps going up and up and up with each new invitation (exponentially, it seems).

I have found this thread on another forum (ongoing with posts from today) with the same issue and it appears to be widespread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2800971?start=0&tstart=0

Tried those suggestions, but the problem persists. Quite annoying.

Basically looks like this, but I don't have that many:
photo.PNG

Also found another thread or two here, like this one: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/26523-thousands-calendar-invitations.html

Last edited:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh i see, fair enough. Looks like a coding issue

Btw, the picture is not showing on the post, but if you click it then you get to see the pic

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Sgoldbac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have the same issue. Deleted account and it started up again. If I keep my invites current it seems to stay at 4096. But it seems to square itself every short while.

jcline871

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue. Anybody find a solution yet?

Mine has been doing it since the first time I synched with exchange. When my invites are at zero and a new one comes in it's always the same number and it progresses consistently as well. Very irritating.

Most reactions

Latest posts