What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad do I have?

oldun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a nearly new 32GB iPad 2 from Amazon and an iPad 2 arrived very quickly and in perfect visual condition. Everything seemed to work OK.

A day or so after getting the ipad 2 I was playing around with it (as I always do with new gadgets!) and I noticed that under Settings/General/About it is listed as a Model MC769B. with a capacity of 13.2 GB with 11.0 GB free.

The original Apple iPad 2 box states that it is a model MC736A with a capacity of 16 GB.

What model of iPad do I have. Where on/in the iPad 2 does it state that it is either 16, 32 or 64 GB?

Please note I have been using an iPad for about 30 minutes only.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
on the back of the iPad it should have the model printed on it with the storage capacity.

iPad 2 32GB

if you ordered a 3G model it should then have a black plastic section on the top of the back, this black plastic strip will not be on the WiFi only model.

MC769B - is a 16GB WiFi Only model.

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah-sure sounds that way, so time to get an e-mail out to get a shipping label to send it back to get the right one.

OP
O

oldun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your advice.

I must be getting too old (see username!) - just after posting I had a peek on the back of the iPad and there it was - 16GB.

I have contacted Amazon and complained about the inferior item. I have asked for a fast delivery of the 32GB iPad 2 and simultaneous collection of the unwanted one.

Hope to hear something soon.

What a start to the world of Apple.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Thanks for all your advice.

I must be getting too old (see username!) - just after posting I had a peek on the back of the iPad and there it was - 16GB.

I have contacted Amazon and complained about the inferior item. I have asked for a fast delivery of the 32GB iPad 2 and simultaneous collection of the unwanted one.

Hope to hear something soon.

What a start to the world of Apple.

Always buy from an apple store or authorized apple retailer such as Best Buy, IMO. ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're buying an idevice online, try to keep it to Apple sites, Bestbuys, or Mobile Carriers for the 3GS versions. Reason being is that there's no real emphasis on keeping everything on track in terms of models and such if they're not dedicated to just carrying the idevice themselves, which is a common problem with buying from eBay or Amazon directly.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oldun said:
I ordered a nearly new 32GB iPad 2 from Amazon and an iPad 2 arrived very quickly and in perfect visual condition. Everything seemed to work OK.

A day or so after getting the ipad 2 I was playing around with it (as I always do with new gadgets!) and I noticed that under Settings/General/About it is listed as a Model MC769B. with a capacity of 13.2 GB with 11.0 GB free.

The original Apple iPad 2 box states that it is a model MC736A with a capacity of 16 GB.

What model of iPad do I have. Where on/in the iPad 2 does it state that it is either 16, 32 or 64 GB?

Please note I have been using an iPad for about 30 minutes only.
Send it back.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts