What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I tell what iPad I have plus....

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I was given an ipad last christmas and would like to know how can I see what model it is.

I see I have 57.2 GB capacity with version 6.1.3 Model 368X/A Storage 5.GB available 4.4GB.

Modem firmware 2.3.0.4

Can I use a SD card for extra space etc ?

Thanks

oz

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I was given an ipad last christmas and would like to know how can I see what model it is. I see I have 57.2 GB capacity with version 6.1.3 Model 368X/A Storage 5.GB available 4.4GB. Modem firmware 2.3.0.4 Can I use a SD card for extra space etc ? Thanks oz
You've already discovered the info about your iPad from going to Settings>General>About. That contains all the info about your iPad model number. If you have a WiFi + cellular iPad it will also display the IMEI number. There is no SD card slot on an iPad so SD cards cannot be used directly with the iPad. There are SD card readers that connect through WiFi and there is also the SD card reader that plugs into the charging socket and is designed to transfer photos from your camera's memory card.

Last edited:

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I was given an ipad last christmas and would like to know how can I see what model it is.

oz
I am pretty sure these basic differences will tell you
1. Does it have a camera? If not then it is an original Ipad (Ipad1)
2. Does it have a camera but not have Siri? If so it is an Ipad 2
3. Does it have both a canera and Siri and the large connection on the other end of the USB cable? If so it is an Ipad 3
4. Does it have the small "lightening" connection on the other end of the USB cable? If so it is an Ipad 4

Most reactions

Latest posts