What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Target inventory search works! Got one!

JasonFJ40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all! With a little bit of searching and a ton of luck, I picked up a 16 GB white /WiFi today my local Target at about 11:15 EST. If you're still searching for one....you may want to try the Target iPad 2 Availability Tool found here:

iPad 2 Availability Tool: Which Stores, How Many Units

I did a search for a 32 GB WiFi White and it said they were available at my local Target. I called them to confirm, and sure enough they had JUST received a shipment of 25 and put them on the floor 10 minutes before I called. It took my 10 minutes to get there and there were only 6 - 16 GB WiFi only iPad 2's left.

I hope you have the same luck!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice, but a bit useless because every day every single store says "out of stock" and...who knows when they update this information.

Thanks, anyway.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

ksn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emerysville has "limited stock" on black 16GB Wifi. Someone gogogo.

OP
J

JasonFJ40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Nice, but a bit useless because every day every single store says "out of stock" and...who knows when they update this information.

Thanks, anyway.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

I had to keep checking....that's where the luck comes into play. All of the Target stores around me were out of stock at until 10:00 AM. Unlike Milo, which reports that nearly every Best Buy has every model in stock all the dang time....this seems to work.

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks, anyway.

It worked great for me after I struck out at the Apple store. As the last ticket was getting handed out I was pulling up the Target stock on my phone and booking it to the Target down the street. I was the last person to get one that day on that shipment. :D

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great post. Thank you!!! Searched my area and found one store that said available. (32 Verizon Blk) Drove to store and checked again b4 going in and still showed available and sure enough, right there in the case was one left.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stupid, I tell you. I've used this over and over, different times of the day, pulling up different models at different metro areas all across my state (CA) and the ALL say "out of stock" EVERYWHERE.

I would say that if you're in California, this is totally useless.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Stupid, I tell you. I've used this over and over, different times of the day, pulling up different models at different metro areas all across my state (CA) and the ALL say "out of stock" EVERYWHERE.

I would say that if you're in California, this is totally useless.

Got mine in Orange, CA

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
darrinaltman said:
Got mine in Orange, CA

I didn't see anything listed as "in stock" for anywhere in ORCO earlier today. When did you look it up? Maybe I'm using the wrong time frame to check. Maybe the wrong model?

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darrinaltman said:
Got mine in Orange, CA

I didn't see anything listed as "in stock" for anywhere in ORCO earlier today. When did you look it up? Maybe I'm using the wrong time frame to check. Maybe the wrong model?

I can't answer for darrinaltman but when I used it to get mine it was at about 7:00-8:00am.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay I checked around 9:30, closer to 10:00. Maybe that's why.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Okay I checked around 9:30, closer to 10:00. Maybe that's why.

I checked today at around 9:30am for all the 32g versions and Orange showed available for the black Verizon 32g. I'm disabled, so VERY slow, and somehow I got it around 10am. My lucky day.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
darrinaltman said:
I checked today at around 9:30am for all the 32g versions and Orange showed available for the black Verizon 32g. I'm disabled, so VERY slow, and somehow I got it around 10am. My lucky day.

I would say very lucky.

I have one on order and it should be here by the 6th (I ordered in the afternoon of the 11th), according to Apple. That's 2 weeks away. I just thought perhaps I might get lucky somewhere but the chances of that have dwindled. The nearest ANYTHING that would carry the iPad is over an hour south of me.

Splinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm almost afraid to check other model types other than the one I really want. I know if I check the white Verizon 16G and see it, I'll go and buy it. But that's not what I want? Why would I do that? Because this whole thing is making me crazy, that's why!

So, it's best for me to only check the model that I've decided I want...and continue to see "Out of Stock"

Most reactions

Latest posts