What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offline Maps - again

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just downloaded Galileo Offline Maps app (it's for jailbroken phones/pads), and then purchased the comprehensive package of add-ons. I'm sure it will be fine for my needs. After that, I downloaded the Windows application, Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC), which will create custom maps from a number of sources, which can then be transferred to the Galileo app. However... the MOBAC program only comes with a painfully sparse and terse set of instructions, and I can't figure out how to get ANYTHING out of it.

Has anyone here had any experience with either of these applications and/or could give me some tips on getting started?

Perhaps this topic should be in the Hacking Forum, but thought I'd start here and see if anyone had any advice.

Thanks,

robin68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Galileo Offline Maps how-to

Have you read this user guide at official site?

robin68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=3]Go to Settings -> Online User Manual within the app[/h]

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I should have been a little more clear on my lack of understanding issue. It's not the Galileo app I can't figure, it's the Mobile Atlas Creator program that I can't get a handle on. It has a "readme" for instructions which provide about no guidance at all. I probably should send MOBAC folks an email, but that program is an open source free one, and I'm not likely to get much help there. But thanks anyway for the replies.

[[ EDIT ]] ok... now I see in Galileo user manual the rudimentary instructions for using MOBAC. Good point all... to 'read the __ manual" Thanks again.

Last edited:

robin68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bingoldsby yes, it contains the general guide to creating an offline map in mobac for any supported app. enjoy using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts