What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do my downloads go by default

Itsamaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have just been given the new Ipad 3 and I downloaded the You Tube downloader (paid for it) but I have no idea where to find the downloaded set up file. I downloaded this product dhttp://download.aimersoft.com/aimer-mac-youtube-downloader-intel_full635.dmg but being such a noob I have no idea where it has saved to if at all. There is an option to download the .zip or .dmg.
This is the product again.
http://download.aimersoft.com/aimer-mac-youtube-downloader-intel_full635.dmg

Thanks to everyone setting me straight. Much appreciated. I feel as thick as a whale omelette.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just been given the new Ipad 3 and I downloaded the You Tube downloader (paid for it) but I have no idea where to find the downloaded set up file. I downloaded a .rar. Where do downloads go by default and is there different locations for different file types? Pleae help...

Sorry, but you can't install software on the iPad by downloading a .zip file and then installing it. The only way to put programs on the iPad is via the App Store, where the programs are called apps.

The odds are pretty good that the download you thought you did - didn't occur mainly because there is no where for a download to go. There is no central file due to Apple's sand boxing methods.

So, while you can still use that downloaded on your computer, you'll have to search for an iPad-compatible app in the App Store.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be clear since you are just getting started with your iPad, iOS has NO file management capabilities. You have to be clear on this to make much progress, it is not like Windows or the Mac OS. All file management is done through apps. You have to have an app that deals with and stores (or handles) anything you download or want to use. Apps designed for iOS manage and/or store the files you deal with.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts