What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download Hell

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I brought this on myself, bit any help will be appreciated.
I purchased a couple television series last night on my iPad (stupid) instead on my computer, and based on the space available, almost all of it will not download.
I tried to change some settings iniTunes to keep what I had to stay on my computer, but still, no downloads eventhough when connected my iPad shows 18gb free.
Any ideas?
Is there a way to switch the ones not downloading to go to my computer?
Where do I go from here?
Stumped.
Thanks in advance.
BTW, you all are the best there is. I have been on other forums for different products, support, etc. and you are heads above. Maybe because we all love our iPads?
RAM

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say you have 18 GB still available and yet the series will not download? How big is the series - are you sure it's a space on your iPad issue. Are you downloading using 3G or WiFi, because Apple doesn't allow the iPad to download any movies etc larger than 20 MB via 3G - if you want to download something bigger you *have* to use WiFi - no way around that restriction.

Get back to us if that's not the problem
Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
For one, you should download everything today.

Last week I bought a movie, but didn't download the extras as the HDD ran out of space, after 2 days the download was not available anymore. So it seems that there is a timeframe set for downloading movies.

Anyway, you can download the tv series on your pc as well. This can be done on iTunes under 'store' then 'check for available downloads'.

OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim

Have always used WiFi.
I am now trying to download the remaining into my computer as dontunderstandmyipad suggested.
I assume I can then selectively transfer to my ipad as wanted.
Any more thoughts?
Thanks
RAM

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Have always used WiFi.
I am now trying to download the remaining into my computer as dontunderstandmyipad suggested.
I assume I can then selectively transfer to my ipad as wanted.
Any more thoughts?
Thanks
RAM

To check for available downloads go to iTunes, click on the "Store" tab at the top of the screen then click on "Check for available downloads."

Once you have them downloaded to iTunes on your PC you can tell your iPad which ones you want to synch. Simply plug in your device, click on the name of your iPad in the iTunes sidebar then click on the TV Shows tab. Check mark the ones you want on your iPad and synch and they'll be pushed to your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts