What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where can I get my restriction password?

Marsie Cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jail broke my iPad and downloaded some softwares with cydia. But more and more problems are happening recently—springboard crashing, unable to download apps on app store, slowdown of wifi, disability to make in-app purchases. So I thought this had to do with jail breaking. I decided to erase all the evidence by going to settings->general->reset->erase all content and settings (iTunes doesn't work on any of my PCs), but it needed a restriction code. I have no idea what that is, and I can't guess it right. So where do I get this code, or is there any better way to erase cydia?

OP
M

Marsie Cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But iTunes doesn't work for me. is there another way? Much thx

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well hopefully someone who understands this will provide some help.

Just as an aside, have you tried updating iTunes to the very latest version?

The Archangel

OP
M

Marsie Cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for helping. But, I can't even open iTunes on my PC. So..., that makes this harder. D:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marsie Cats said:
Thx for helping. But, I can't even open iTunes on my PC. So..., that makes this harder. D:

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest version (without opening your current version)?

The Archangel

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would think the code you mean is the Restrictions Passcode, which you set to stop people changing your settings?

It would be much easier if you connected to iTunes and restore your pad. I assume that you are running a Linux distro if iTunes doesn't work on your pc.

Have you tried installing a virtual copy of windows on your pc and running iTunes from there?

OP
M

Marsie Cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no... Yes ur right. I should try. But still, how do I get my restriction password?

OP
M

Marsie Cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think the code you mean is the Restrictions Passcode, which you set to stop people changing your settings?

It would be much easier if you connected to iTunes and restore your pad. I assume that you are running a Linux distro if iTunes doesn't work on your pc.

Have you tried installing a virtual copy of windows on your pc and running iTunes from there?

because, whenever I open iTunes, I sez "u do not have permission to view this file".

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
no... Yes ur right. I should try. But still, how do I get my restriction password?

If it is your iPad then you must have set the code yourself, to stop the settings being changed by other people? If you can't remember it then you could restore a backup on iTunes (if it didn't have the restrictions set when you backed it up), or you can reset the device back to factory settings through iTunes.

If iTunes isn't working on your PC, uninstall then download and re-install the latest version.

Most reactions

Latest posts